We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone tell me anything about san vincenzo

Dublin
1 post
Save Topic
Can anyone tell me anything about san vincenzo

Hi all

We are going next week and I am looking for some info

on the area resturants .Things to do in the area for the family

maybe trips we could take

Any info would be greatfuly recived

Thanks Auds

Rome
Level Contributor
121 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anyone tell me anything about san vincenzo

Hi, I don't know where exactly you will be staying, because San Vincenzo is fairly spread out along the coast. Anyhow: for beaches, I would recommend Rimigliano (it is a long stretch of sandy beaches and Mediterranean bush starting little south of San Vincenzo for about 5 Km). Access is free, there are some facilities (café, lifeguards); Baratti, a bit further south, is a beautiful cove with a nice view. Get there early because there will be plenty of people, especially on weekends. Family: About 15 Km north of San vincenzo there is Donoratico and Marina di Donoratico, with a nice (smallish) recreation park for children. San Vincenzo also hosts (or hosted: I was there a few years ago) a mini-golf tournament course and other facilities. It is a nice town and is quite geared to tourism.

Eating out: one of Italy's topmost restaurants is in San Vincenzo (Il Gambero Rosso), but I would not recommend it for a family. Try some of the small restaurants in San Vincenzo, or head towards Bolgheri and Bibbona (two small villages about 20 Km north of San Vincenzo, on the hills overlooking the coast) where there are a couple of nice places for eating out. I am sorry but I cannot remember their names. I am sure you will like it there.

Rome
Level Contributor
121 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can anyone tell me anything about san vincenzo

Sorry, I forgot to add: Go to Populonia, which is an old medieval village perched on a hill above the Baratti cove. It was an Etruscan place and there are Etruscan tombs in the area underneath the village. It is really beautiful and picturesque.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can anyone tell me anything about san vincenzo

I strongly advise you to go to Bolgheri, it's 15-20km away and it's one of the prettiest towns around, go and eat to Enoteca Tognoni.

Another very pretty place is Castagneto Carducci, really pretty town with lots of nice restaurants.

4. Re: Can anyone tell me anything about san vincenzo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 21:19