We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus, train or train/ferry from Rome?

Which Sant'Agnello hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond Hill...
Level Contributor
11 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Bus, train or train/ferry from Rome?

My husband, teenage daughter and I are staying in Rome for a few days in July , then transferring to the Hotel Caravel in Sant'Agnello for another few days before leaving for Paris. I have read the stories about the difficulties and dangers of the Naples train station and the Circumvesuviana train from Naples to Sant'Agnello. We're not really adventurous travellers, so I was wondering what you would recommend in the way of transportation from Rome to Sant'Agnello? We don't really want to waste a lot of time in transit, and I realize that the bus takes longer, but is I'm wondering if it would be easier and safer than the Trenitalia/Circumvesuviana? The other option I was considering is taking the Trenitalia to Naples, then the ferry/hydrofoil to Sorrento/Sant'Agnello? Or would we just be better off to grab a taxi in Naples and have someone drive us to Sant'Agnello?

New York
Level Contributor
2,297 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Bus, train or train/ferry from Rome?

Yes it is frustrating. People post on the forum who are misinformed because they read or hear about something without bothering to read further before they post. Travel writers would not be publishing guidebook after guidebook about all the treasures of Naples encouraging people to go if it was such a dangerous place. It also would not have made a "Travelers Choice" list on Trip Advisor if that were really the case.

I live just outside NYC. Everyday in the news there is either a murder, armed robbery, rape, kidnapping, etc...which IMO would be considered violent crimes yet NYC is certainly not a dangerous place and it's one of the top destinations in the world to travel to.

For those people out there who have always wanted to visit Naples, but were "afraid" to do so it's time to put it on your list! There's no reason to miss out on one of the most fascinating cities in the world! (my opinion of course!)

12. Re: Bus, train or train/ferry from Rome?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2014, 13:15
Get answers to your questions about Sant'Agnello