We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning our trip: Naples-Basilicata-Calabria & back

Cornwall
Level Contributor
125 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Planning our trip: Naples-Basilicata-Calabria & back

I am sure there are people out there who has names of nice, good-value B&B's or Guesthouse/Family-type Hotel, I would be very happy to hear from you. On our first day we will drive to Potenza, then on to Cosenza, Tropea, Siderno, Soverato, Rossano, Pisticci or matera and back to Naples.

We have about 14 days and would like to recce the area before going househunting. We will stay about 2 days at each place, not ideal but trying to cover as much as we can. Any ideas about our itenerary, diabolical or not? If you have stayed somewhere (reasonably priced) and thought their names worth passing on, kindly let me know, will be most grateful. Thanks All!!

Suffolk, UK
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning our trip: Naples-Basilicata-Calabria & back

Hi,

I hope this is not too late for you but there is a lovely family in Belmonte Calabro, near the pretty town of Amantea, Cosenza, who have just built some luxury apartments near the marina and are currently letting them out on a self-catering basis. The tariff is very reasonable for May, June, September and October but the area tends to get very busy in July and August as this is a very popular holiday destination for the northern Italians and Neapolitans during those months. During the low season, though, it is possible to have a stretch of beach to yourself and it is very relaxing.

They have an English translation on their website, which you can check out at www.curciosrl.it, which gives further details about the apartments, the location and surrounding area, as well as local places of interest.

We have stayed in Belmonte for the past three years but in different accommodation because these apartments were still being built but we found it ideally placed for exploring the coastline and other places in Calabria, as well as being only about 45 mins. from the airport. Can't wait to go back again!

Hope this helps.

Ciao,

Fioribelli

2. Re: Planning our trip: Naples-Basilicata-Calabria & back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2009, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Scalea