We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel?

Manchester, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Which hotel?

I have visited Selva several times and allways stayed at the Hotel Linder, but I think it is time for a change. Can any one tell me what the hotel is called at the bottom of the track,on the right coming back into town from plan de gralba. It has an outside fire, and is near the car park. If not can you reccomend a good hotel close to the lift system, or ski in/out. Thanks, Carol.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Linder
Hotel Linder
189 Reviews
Selva di Val Gardena, Italy
Hotel Plan de Gralba
Hotel Plan de Gralba
123 Reviews
Val Gardena
Ski & Snowboard Areas
Passo Sella
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Gardena Pass
Scenic Drives, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Lookouts
Selva di Val...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
817 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel?

Hi, the hotel you're thinking of there is the Somont. It hasn't had the outside fire for a couple of years though.

DD

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Somont
Hotel Somont
286 Reviews
Manchester, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel?

Thanks for that, but What a shame, it was always a good place to stop at the end of the day. C.S.

Selva di Val...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
817 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel?

Never fear - there's a hut called the Pra Valentini, just before it at the end of the piste (at the bottom of the two-man chair) which has taken over as an après-ski location.

DD

Manchester, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel?

Great I think I remember the place. Can you suggest a good (reasonably priced) place to stay, that is if possible ski in/out, as I have got fed up with schlepping up the village!!

Selva di Val...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
817 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel?

Well there are several ski in/ski out in that area. There's the Somont, the Savoy, the Dolomie, the Else. Then down on the Freina piste there are several bed and breakfasts such as the Freina and the Garni Rubens. On the other side of town near the Dantercepies lift there are the Continental and the Scoiattolo (convenient for the lifts, but a bit of a hike uphill after the après ski!)

Near the Nives lift there are the Acadia and the Serena hotels, or the Tyrol isn't too far away. Plenty of other b&bs in that area too.

Reasonably priced is a bit subjective, and I haven't looked at prices of any of these, but if you're looking at a similar level to the Linder, then I imagine that the Somont or the Serena will be in your price band.

DD

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Somont
Hotel Somont
286 Reviews
Hotel Linder
Hotel Linder
189 Reviews
Hotel Acadia
Hotel Acadia
363 Reviews
Restaurant Freina
Restaurant Freina
794 Reviews
Nives
Nives
265 Reviews
Manchester, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotel?

Thanks D.D.

Will let you know how we get on.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which hotel?

If you stay actually on the piste you are limited to always returning along the same route which can be a bind sometimes. We have found the best place to stay is right in the centre of the village.The Hotel Laurin is very good. It is a minutes walk from the Ciampinoi gondola and even closer to the stairs for the chair lift to Dantercepies gondola. You can then ski down from either side right to the centre again less than a minute away from the hotel. It is probably a bit moe expensive than other similar hotels but we have found it well worth it. We have been to Selva at least 8 times now and have stayed at the Linder and the Stomont. We were very sorry to see that the Stomonts outside fire and bar had disappeared in the last 2 years.We love the huge variety of slopes, the grooming and the Italian/Austrian combination.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Linder
Hotel Linder
189 Reviews
Ciampinoi
Ciampinoi
200 Reviews
Manchester, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Which hotel?

Hi,

We have a couple of beginers with us, and so we have decided on the Hotel Alaska. The position looks good for all of us. I can't believe the Somonts fire has gone, it was a good way to finish the day, a blast down plan de gralba, and then point your feet home. We haven't been to Selva for about four/five years so really looking forward to it. Can't wait to show our friends the highland cattle, and the hidden valley, with the horse drawn drag!!

Carol.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Plan de Gralba
Hotel Plan de Gralba
123 Reviews
Hotel Alaska
Hotel Alaska
189 Reviews
9. Re: Which hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2011, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Selva di Val Gardena