We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

short skiing trip

Ireland
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Topic
short skiing trip

Hi,

Thinking of a trip end of January begining of Feb 2007. Ideally what I would like and wonder if it is possible. There would be 4 travelling (2 couples,all total beginners) we will have about 5 or 6 days and would like to combine a European City break with 2 or 3 days skiing. Is this possible? We would like to fly to the city spend a day or so sightseeing and then do 2 or 3 days skiing, is this possible from a city that we could travel to and from skiing and base ourselves in the same hotel throughout our stay or would we need to find a new hotel in ski resort. I was thinking Salzburg but dont know anything about skiing in the area. Any infromation would be appreciated. As we are all total beginners we dont really want to spend all our time skiing but would like a few days as we are told that its a fab holiday.

Selva di Val...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
785 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: short skiing trip

Hi there, I suggest you repost this message on the Salzburg board - you seem to have ended up in Italy by mistake! Sounds like a fun trip though

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,385 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: short skiing trip

On the off chance that you actually meant to include a short skiing break in the Val Gardena, bear in mind that in Jan/Feb many hotels in the Italian Dolomites rent out rooms by the week only - what's called a 'settimana bianca' i.e. white week. Try contacting the local tourist board asking for hotels which would take you for a shorter period.

3. Re: short skiing trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 08:18