We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving luggage at the Spoleto train station?

IL
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Leaving luggage at the Spoleto train station?

Hi there,

I'm going to Spoleto by train and was wondering how safe it was to leave my bags there during my visit to the town (the Trenitalia site says that they have this service in the Spoleto station).

Thanks!

New Jersey, USA
Level Contributor
950 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving luggage at the Spoleto train station?

It's a small station in a safe town in the lower modern part of town. The station was safe, had a little bar/cafe, a tabac. I didn't check my bags there, just waited for the train, and I don't remember the left luggage area, but I'd wager it would be safe.

IL
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving luggage at the Spoleto train station?

Thanks April!

Can anyone confirm that there really is a luggage deposit area in the train station?

Netherlands
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving luggage at the Spoleto train station?

Hi there!

We are going to Spoleto in 2 weeks and were wondering the same thing.What dis you do? leave your bags? How long is it to the centre??

Thanks!

Dutchie from holland

New Jersey, USA
Level Contributor
950 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaving luggage at the Spoleto train station?

There is a left luggage area at the station, accordingly to TrenItalia (trenitalia.com/it/212ce2a3ded1b010VgnVCM1000…)

However I cannot tell you what hours a person is there.

The station is in the new part of town, ~1.5 km. from the walled part of town and would (probably) be too far to be comfortable to walk with luggage to where the hotels, B&Bs and apartments are in the old part of the town. From the rail station to Piazza Giuseppe Garibaldi, just inside the walls, is ~30 minute walk.

5. Re: Leaving luggage at the Spoleto train station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 11:21
Get answers to your questions about Spoleto