We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spoleto escalator

Sheffield
Level Contributor
77 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Spoleto escalator

I know the escalator is now open but I'm having trouble finding out more info.

We made a short trip to Spoleto a couple of years ago and really loved it but the walk from the bottom to the top of the town was pretty troublesome. We're going back for a longer trip (10 days) in July and I'm hoping the escalator will make access to the top of the town easier this time but don't know where to get on it or where the stopping off points are.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Dublin
Level Contributor
195 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spoleto escalator

I haven't got the street names but I will do my best to describe where the base of the escalator is. When you leave the railway station you are in the modern Spoleto. Walk straight up the road towards the old town. When you get to the end of that street - turn right and then immediately left. You will then find yourself on a quiet road which runs along a dry river bed. Walk down that road for about 5 minutes and on your right is the base of the escalator. When I was there - there were only two upper exits. One was on the level of the Ponte delle torri, and the other was higher on the 'La Rocca'. God, I love Spoleto and are so envious of your visit there in July. Hope that is of some help.

Dublin
Level Contributor
195 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spoleto escalator

Alternatively and probably easier - find the escalator on the Ponte delle Torri or La Rocca level - and take it to its base. There are great views on that escalator ride. G

3. Re: Spoleto escalator

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 03:15