We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around spoleto with 2 young kids for 1/2 day

DC
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Getting around spoleto with 2 young kids for 1/2 day

Hello,

We'll be visiting Spoleto as part of a day trip and wondering what's the best way to see the sights with a 3 & 5 year old. We'll have our rental car that we'll be driving into Spoleto- but was wondering where to leave the car to get to the aqueduct, the roman theater, and also lunching near the arch (on Via Arco di Druso)? Are these all within walking distance? I know parking is tricky..so trying to figure out the best way to see all of this, with the least hassle. Thanks!

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
8,743 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting around spoleto with 2 young kids for 1/2 day

Hi lifeofpi

There are a few options for parking but I think it may be best for you if you park in the Parcheggio sotteraneo 'spoletosfera'. From there you can get the mechanised walkway which will bring you along to the entrance to Piazza Della Liberta. The Teatro Romano is just off the Piazza and you can see it through a gateway beside bar Canasta. We enjoyed the Museo Archeologico and were able to walk around the Teatro there. From Piazza Della Liberta you can walk up towards Piazza Fontana and on to Via Dell'Arco Di Druso. From there you could easily fit in a quick look at the Piazza Del Duomo and walk uphill towards the Aqueduct.

Hope this helps - enjoy Spoleto it's really wonderful.

DC
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting around spoleto with 2 young kids for 1/2 day

Thank you Dubfam! This is exactly the info I needed...one more question- do you think using a baby stroller (in case our 3 yr old gets tired) will be possible in Spoleto or become more of a burden? Thanks!

Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
508 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting around spoleto with 2 young kids for 1/2 day

there is a mechanized walkway out of the Spoletosfera parking so getting into town with a stroller will be a breeze. Of course roads are not even everywhere but I'd say you should have no major problems.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
8,743 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting around spoleto with 2 young kids for 1/2 day

As said above the stroller should be no problem - if you come to a street with steps you could either fold it up or just get the 3 yr old to walk! For a 3 yr old I'd put up with the inconvenience of the stroller as they are very young and walking around can be very tiring for them.

Just as an aside there was a playgound between the car park and the Piazza, just in case you need to give them a runabout! I think you could exit the mechanized walkway near the park.

We also found the Tourist office in Piazza della Liberta a very good source of brochures with info for both Spoleto and the surrounding towns.

5. Re: Getting around spoleto with 2 young kids for 1/2 day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 03:19