We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spoleto Italy festival dei 2 mondi 2012

Which Spoleto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Spoleto, Italy
Level Contributor
46 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
spoleto Italy festival dei 2 mondi 2012

This is the official website for Spoleto Italy's Festival of the 2 worlds for 2011 :

www.festivaldispoleto.com/sommario.asp…

I expect it to start on July 22 or 29th and last just over 2 weeks. Any one know yet for sure? Francesca

Montreal, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: spoleto Italy festival dei 2 mondi 2012

Franchesca, can you tell me what kind of free events there are during the festival? If you do not go to see a performance, what else can you do?

Sandi

Spoleto, Italy
Level Contributor
46 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: spoleto Italy festival dei 2 mondi 2012

Hi there, they have events where you buy tickets and events that are free. These are all links from last year as this year is not up yet. LA MAMA people of NY will have a place where poetry, theatrical skits and some bands happening:

lamama.org/news/…

RossoBastardo Winery has a program free, use google translate button:

www.festivaldispoleto.com/2010/interno.asp…

Spoleto usually has some small art exhibitions free and a big one free by Vittorio Sgarbi "Sgarbage- my joke" (italy's famous badly behaving raging lunatic art critic - go to YOUTUBE and type in his name along with the words, "Greatest hits 1 and 2 of Sgarbi). Here is last years program:

www.festivaldispoleto.com/interno.asp…

here are free international films to see:

Promotions page:

I an ItaloAmericana who lives here and in Colorado so I am one of the locals. I hope that helps... Francesca

Montreal, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: spoleto Italy festival dei 2 mondi 2012

Thanks Franchesca, that's very helpful.

I'm bringing a group of American teenage students to the festival and I wanted to know what we could do in the town if just show up and want to enjoy the festival atmosphere. Are there any street performers/music or street art that kids this age would enjoy?

Sandi

Spoleto, Italy
Level Contributor
46 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: spoleto Italy festival dei 2 mondi 2012

Hi Sandi,

What is a guess of the dates? How many? and how old? I\Do the kids come from a special group in some way, like music, arts, sports, church? Let me know and I will think for you! Francesca

Montreal, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: spoleto Italy festival dei 2 mondi 2012

There are two groups coming. One group arrives on Sat June 30, and the other on Tue July 3rd. There will be 20-25 in each group between the ages of 14 - 18. They are not part of a special group and are meeting each other for the first time on this trip. So I'm sure there will be a mix of interests. Thanks so much for your help!

Sandi

Spoleto, Italy
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: spoleto Italy festival dei 2 mondi 2012

Just to let you know that the festival starts on June 29th and not July 29th and goes on till about the 15th July.

Spoleto, Italy
Level Contributor
46 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: spoleto Italy festival dei 2 mondi 2012

Charmaine, any ideas on things for the kids above that are free while the group is here? XOXO, Francesca

Spoleto, Italy
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: spoleto Italy festival dei 2 mondi 2012

No informations regarding the program yet.

Spoleto, Italy
Level Contributor
46 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: spoleto Italy festival dei 2 mondi 2012

Massimo.Evangelisti@comune.spoleto.pg.it

Hi Sandi, I sent this link to Massimo at the tourist office. I asked him to arrive at this conversation. If he doesn't, write him at that email above. He is fluent in English and works for the Commune of Spoleto.

Montreal, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: spoleto Italy festival dei 2 mondi 2012

Wow, that's great! I realize its a bit early to know what the programming will be. I will definitely contact him.

Get answers to your questions about Spoleto