We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spoleto festival 2013

Seeheim-Jugenheim...
1 post
Save Topic
Spoleto festival 2013

Are there already some details (program and timetable) known about the Spoleto festival 2013? I would like to visit Spoleto during the festival and hear some concerts, esp. in front of the cathedral. Can somebody help me? Thank you!

Peter Lämmel, Germany

San Francisco...
3 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Spoleto festival 2013

Hi there Dubfan,

Thank you so much for your reply! I am looking at the website you suggested http://www.festivaldispoleto.com/. Maybe I'm reading it wrong. Do you see a full schedule? I'm afraid I can't find the place on the webiste to find it. I only see opening day, 2 dance groups and closing day. I guess I was under the impression that it offered a lot more events. I've been to the US one and there were lots and lots of different concerts and performances. Would you tell me how to access the schedule? I've even had Google translated it into English but when I click on Programs, it says check again later. When I click on tickets, it shows the four events I mentioned. I really appreciate your help!

Carlarosie

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
8,477 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Spoleto festival 2013

Hi Carlarosie

They don't appear to have all the events loaded yet. They do say on the home page that there is a press conference on 24th April to present the festival, so I would assume that they will update after that. We were in Spoleto last year at the same time the festival was on but as we had our young children with us, we only got to enjoy the open air public events, but the schedule for the entire festival was busy.

I would say keep an eye on the website after the 24th.

The Umbria jazz festival was on last year in Perugia at around the same time, just thought you might also be interested in that.

http://www.umbriajazz.com/

Best regards from a windy and wet Dublin!

San Francisco...
3 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Spoleto festival 2013

Hi Dubfan!

Thank you so much for your help. I will check again after the press conference on the 24th. What was it like last year? Did it offer lots of different performances like classical music, dance, theater, visual arts and literary arts? Is it hard to get around once you're there? Was it very crowded? Would you go again? I'm so glad I found you to help me understand better! I hope you don't mind all my questions!

Regards for sunny and mild San Francisco!

Carlarosie

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
8,477 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Spoleto festival 2013

Spoleto is really easy to get around, and even on busy nights when there was a performance on it wasn't crowded at all really. If you are staying the the town centre then everywhere is walkable, lots of steep hills, but you're probably used to them in San Francisco anyway! If you are staying outside of town there are 2 car parks with easy access via a walking pathway or an elevator to the centre of the town.

There was a lot on last year, I wish I could lay my hands on the programme we had, I,ll look for it later. The town itself, has a bit of an artsy feel to it which I love. There was quite a sophisticated glamourous bunch of people around for the opening night and for certain other performances. It was all very Italian, and at times felt to me like I was on the set of a glamorous old Italian movie, for a time when people got dressed up for an evening out! Dont let that put you off though, as that was just my impression of some of the festival going crowd......other people were just in normal clothes. i think we stumbled upon some Italian glitterati as there were lots of photographers about too.

We really loved it there, it was our second visit to Spoleto and we would return in a heartbeat.

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,550 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Spoleto festival 2013

cannot find an update on what is on at the Festivale.....was there a release of a programme 24th april?.

I have just bookedtoday to arrive in umbria the 12th July so would love to catch the last day or 2.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
8,477 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Spoleto festival 2013

Hi mausgrass

It's all there now :-)

festivaldispoleto.com/2013/calendario.asp…

Boston...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Spoleto festival 2013

can you tell me how many people attend the spoleto festival and do the number of travelers have an impact on rooms , restaurants, and car travel to other hill towns in the area thank you

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Spoleto festival 2013

I can't find any figures on the number of attendees, but I did read that attendance is down from its glory years, perhaps due to competition from other music festivals. I'm sure it would have some impact on the hotels in Spoleto, and maybe in some nearby towns, but I'm sure it doesn't cause traffic jams!

Boston...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
29. Re: Spoleto festival 2013

Thanks!

Spoleto, Italy
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Spoleto festival 2013

I prefer to connect through the Roma Tiburtina station because it is a lot smaller and less chaotic than Roma Termini and you don't have to walk a mile to get to the connecting track. Yes, this means you can't take the Leonardo Express, but the local line is a lot cheaper and you only lose around 15 to 20 min. They run every 30 min. at least - more often during rush hours. All trains going to Spoleto stop at Tiburtina. After getting off at Tiburtina, just go down downstairs from the platform and look for a screen that will tell you the connecting train track. Couldn't be simpler. I only connect through Termini when I absolutely have to.