We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Language Center in Todi

Reno, Nevada
8 posts
Save Topic
The Language Center in Todi

Can anyone provide a review about the language center at Todi? Can you recommend other Italian language classes in the greater region?

Mentioned in this post
Todi
Todi
Province of Perugia, Italy
Le Roi De La Crepe
£, Italian, Street Food, Fast food
Osteria Novecento
££ - £££, Italian, Mediterranean
Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: The Language Center in Todi

I'm going back myself for the month of February 2014. Maybe I'll meet you there. Have to say a word in defense of Ristorante Umbria: It was the favorite of my multi-national group of schoolmates in October 2012.

We were ladies from Australia, Japan, South Africa, Canada, and the U.S. We always had great food and hospitality there, and if weather permits, the view from the terrace is to die for.

Mentioned in this post
Ristorante Umbria
Ristorante Umbria
581 Reviews
Todi, Italy
Reno, Nevada
8 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: The Language Center in Todi

That probably is a good time for me. Two questions:

Is it very cold then?

Aren't you approaching fluency by now?

sydney australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: The Language Center in Todi

I attended the Italian Language School in Todi in 2012 and recommend it in a slightly different way.

I was only in school for 4 days when I broke my leg and ended up in hospital in Perugia. The staff of the school kept in contact with me in hospital, the Director even visited me. I was staying with a host family. They phoned almost every day, visited me twice in hospital and again after discharge. In conclusion, the lessons that I had were fine though limited; however, I can speak highly and with confidence about the care, interest and humanity of the staff of the school and my host family.

Marrickvillellinda

Mentioned in this post
Todi
Todi
Perugia
Perugia
Reno, Nevada
8 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: The Language Center in Todi

Thanks for the input. I am sorry to hear about your mishap. Would you advise someone to purchase an overseas health insurance policy? My health insurance does not cover me abroad.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: The Language Center in Todi

Absolutely!! I wouldn't travel overseas without it. It's the same here in Australia; our health insurance is only for treatment within the country.

There are websites that compare different travel insurance providers. You type in your age, where you want to go, for how long, etc. Then various companies will give you quotes; from there you decide. In addition to insuring you against sickness/accidents they also insure your luggage for loss/damage, cancellations, delays and additional expenses due to cancellations, sickness, etc.

I suggest you might want to talk to friends, travel agents, etc for their opinions. I've always found the best price on the internet NOT in a travel agent's office.

And thanks, I'm well and fully recovered from my broken leg. In fact, next week I'll be back in Todi for two weeks of Italian School.

Marrickvillellinda

Mentioned in this post
Todi
Todi
Reno, Nevada
8 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: The Language Center in Todi

Brava!

17. Re: The Language Center in Todi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2015, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Todi