We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I get to Tropea from the uk ?

Which Tropea hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
367 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
How do I get to Tropea from the uk ?

Hi

Cant seem to find any flights to Lamezia .

ryanair seem to have stopped using this airport . Is there another nearby airport that have flights in from the uk. would look to hire a car and drive but would not want a really long or difficult drive.

Does anyone know if Ryanair will be starting up flights again and if so when ? (have looked at website but cant find any info)

or anyother options

Many Thanks

Burghclere...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How do I get to Tropea from the uk ?

Hi Elizabeth,

Ryanair have withdrawn from Lamezia for the second year running. Last year it was fro a short period, but this year there is no guarantee that they will go back.

We have travelled to Tropea by changing in either Rome or Milan and travelling on to Lamezia on internal flights. We have also travelled directly to Catania on Sicily and hired a car.

The next time we go we are flying to Naples and either driving or using the train.

My fingers crossed for you that either Ryanair goes back or better still Easyjet flies direct.

buona fortuna.

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do I get to Tropea from the uk ?

How about Easyjet?

I'll be flying Easyjet from Rome to Lamezia, one-way, for only 19 pounds. Easyjet has flights from London to Rome.

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do I get to Tropea from the uk ?

I am booking with Alitalia from heathrow via Rome - lots of possible times - flight costs about £250 return

Toronto
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do I get to Tropea from the uk ?

Ryanair have been pulling certain flights, in some seasons, over the past years, but they usually fly out of Stansted, very early a.m. to Lamezia in Spring and late Summer/early fall.

Should you need to fly to Rome, there are some excellent connections. I flew Alitalia from Rome to Lamezia in about 45 minutes. The flights are cheap if you book under Bravofly.com

Burghclere...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How do I get to Tropea from the uk ?

Just booked flights in March to and from Luton to Lamezia via Milan on the way out and Pisa on the way back.

Three of the four legs with Easyjet the fourth with Ryanair. Total cost for 2 was £180 return

6. Re: How do I get to Tropea from the uk ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2010, 05:16