We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vising Tropea in June

Maribor, Slovenia
Level Contributor
636 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Vising Tropea in June

I plan to visit Tropea between 29th of May and 6th of June. How is the weather and see temperature in this period, is there some tourist or not a lot. I want to be to hot. Thank you.

Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Monterosso al Mare, Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
1,555 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vising Tropea in June

I was there at this time a few years ago- it was warm but very windy, but not hot, and the water was quite chilly. The town was very empty too, as I was told the tourist season starts later there, mid june-August. When I went in late may I was a little disappointed by the lack of "life" in the town, but at the end was happy to have it to myself.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
709 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vising Tropea in June

We were there last May for 4 nights departing on May 25. It was incredibly windy,overcast and rained every day and was well below 60 degrees. I would have to believe it was an unusual period of weather for that time of year. As the other post says it was essentially dead, especially at night. During the day there were an unusally large number of German tourists. But at night it was virtually empty.

Tropea, Italy
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vising Tropea in June

This period is not a touristic time of the year, but I suppose you do not go there to see tourists ;-)

However, our students for example love this time of the year. Weather can't be guaranteed, but if you are lucky you might already be able to go to one of the powder white sandy beaches!

Simone

Piccola Università Italiana

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
709 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vising Tropea in June

Wasn't disparaging the lack of tourists or "town being dead". Actually quite liked the fact that we had the town pretty much to ourselves. Loved walking the old town. Without the tourists a much more "authentic" experience. With possible day trips to Stromboli, Pizzo and just walking Tropea it was what we were looking for to get away from the tourist crowds at Cinque Terre, Rome, Venice. Only wish the weather had cooperated more.

Maribor, Slovenia
Level Contributor
636 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vising Tropea in June

Thank you for your opinion. I decided to visit Calabri later, maybe beginnig of September.

6. Re: Vising Tropea in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2014, 04:16