We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions from Viareggio

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
16 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Excursions from Viareggio

Intending to go to Viareggio beginning of September 2007.

1. Had Hotel San Francisco recommended to us. We like a small, quiet hotel close to the promenade where people gather in the evening for a wander. Preferably with a balcony to sit out on. Not beach people but like the atmosphere. Any thoughts on the hotel's suitability.

2. We also like organised excursions during the day. Any recommendations as to where these can be obtained.

Many thanks

East Lothian...
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions from Viareggio

Hi Sporran

We are going to Hotel San Fransisco August 28th .

Posted note on Forum in April for Info on Hotel and Excursions, have not had much feedback.

Be greatfull on any info from your recommender

Thanks

Liverpool
Level Contributor
646 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions from Viareggio

I'm booked to stay at Hotel President late September. I'll be interested to read any replies you get as I'm looking for organised excursions too. Although I have been told it's very easy to get to Lucca, Pisa (by local bus or train) and Florence (by train) - so if no recommendations forthcoming we'll have to do our 'own thing'

Hope you put a trip report up on your return as I'd love to read what you thought of Viareggio.

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
16 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions from Viareggio

Thanks both for your replies.

We have had Hotel San Francisco recommended to us by a restaurateur who comes from that locality so we feel the hotel is probably right for us.

We like the guided excursions as these usually have the inside track and you don't have the hassle of making all the arrangements. I will post on our retrun.

Have a good holiday!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
4,115 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursions from Viareggio

Many of the hotels have a concierge type service who can organise trips for you. It is however very easy to travel independantly by train to Pisa, Luca & Florence. Thre trains are regular, cheap and run on time!

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
16 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excursions from Viareggio

Many thanks for that. I have read that the hotel staff can be very helpful. Independent travel might be the answer.

6. Re: Excursions from Viareggio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 10:20