We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pisa Airport to Viareggio - advice please!!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
70 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Pisa Airport to Viareggio - advice please!!

Ciao Tutti!

Can anyone help me and tell me if there is a bus I can get from Pisa airport to Viareggio, and what the bus company is called so i can look on the website for times, prices etc. Ive looked at the train times and they're not very good. I'd have to wait ages between my plane landing and the train!

Also, anyone stayed at the Hotel Liberty in Viareggio- what are your thoughts?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Liberty
Hotel Liberty
153 Reviews
Viareggio, Italy
Viareggio, Italy
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Pisa Airport to Viareggio - advice please!!

Hi Scarlett,

here is Luca from hotel Tirrenia in Viareggio

and I suggest from Pisa airport to Viareggio The follow link: www.lazzi.it and check the timetable from Pisa airpot to Pietrasanta and stop in Viareggio Bus terminal near Liberty hotel !!

Next time, please book your holidays in Viareggio at HOTEL TIRRENIA !!

Ciao Luca

Mentioned in this post
Pietrasanta
Pietrasanta
Province of Lucca, Italy
Hotel Tirrenia
Hotel Tirrenia
451 Reviews
Viareggio, Italy
Liverpool
Level Contributor
70 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pisa Airport to Viareggio - advice please!!

Buonasera Luca, Grazie per le vostre informazioni esperte. La volta prossima certamente guarderò il hotel Tirrenia. Potete suggerire buoni bar e ristoranti per me e la mia sorella in viareggio? Grazie ancora in anticipo.

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
Viareggio, Italy
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Pisa Airport to Viareggio - advice please!!

Ciao Scarlett,

nei pressi dell'Hotel Liberty ci sono molti ristoranti ma io eviterei quelli sulla Boulevard !! troppo turistici !1

Io suggerisco : Girgio, La Vecchia Bettola, Amaro, V elemento , Il punto di vino, La Chiesina; le pizzerie : o sole mio, pachino, la Chiesina, lo stuzzichino !!

Per i bar i miglior aperitivi li servono al Fanatico, Uz bar, bar Shelley .

Sperando di aver fatto cosa gradita vi auguro un buon soggiorno a Viareggio .

Hotel Tirrenia

La Direzione

Luca

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Liberty
Hotel Liberty
153 Reviews
Viareggio, Italy
La Chiesina
La Chiesina
692 Reviews
Viareggio, Italy
Hotel Tirrenia
Hotel Tirrenia
451 Reviews
Viareggio, Italy
Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pisa Airport to Viareggio - advice please!!

Hello Scarlett

I'm going to Viareggio in June and I have the same query as you. I've checked www.lazzi.it as suggested in a reply you received but I didn't find the timetable. Perhaps you could help. I arrive in Pisa Airport around 11.00 pm and I'm wondering if there is a bus to Viareggio around that time.

Thanks

Kathleen

Liverpool
Level Contributor
70 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pisa Airport to Viareggio - advice please!!

Oh dear, Im also still at a loss then! I never actually checked the timetable I just assumed it would be ok. The last train leaves at 11.05 if that is any use to you but to me my flight gets in just before and I will be cutting it fine, perhaps i will start a post 'how much is a taxi from pisa to viareggio!!!!!

Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pisa Airport to Viareggio - advice please!!

Hello Luca, Hotel Tirennia

I'm staying in your hotel in June and arrive at Pisa Airport at 11.00 pm. Can you tell me if there is a bus service from the airport to your hotel at that time and, if not, how much would a taxi cost please. I am unable to access the bus timetable you recommended earlier.

Thank you.

Teresa

Scotland
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pisa Airport to Viareggio - advice please!!

Guys, forget the BUS. When you arrive at the airport, walk outside and there is a TRAIN right there !!! From there go to the Pisa Centrale and get a train to Viareggio. It'll cost you tops 5 euros and will t6ake 30 minutes max.Good luck

Liverpool
Level Contributor
70 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pisa Airport to Viareggio - advice please!!

Hi, Yes I know about the TRAIN but my flight lands 20 minutes before the last TRAIN and I wont make it in time to get it. This is the reason I am looking for an alternative mode of transport!! Are you able to advise on buses or even taxis and how much a taxi would cost? thank you

Scotland
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pisa Airport to Viareggio - advice please!!

Scarlett, just get a taxi to Pisa Centrale and go to Viareggio from there. Alternatively, a taxi for my Wife and kids costs around 60 euros so I reckon you should be able to get a deal( if you negotiate) for around 40/45 euros.The taxi to Pisa Centrale is the best bet though. Its only 4/5 minutes from the Airport. Come back to me if you need anything else and good luck.

RP

10. Re: Pisa Airport to Viareggio - advice please!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 21:16