We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches open this week?

Which Viareggio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches open this week?

We are travelling this Sunday 26th for a week - will the beaches be open at Viarregio for the season...or to soon?

Hoping for some warmth - chilly in the UK!

Florence Italy
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches open this week?

ACB40_11: You live in London, one of the most marvelous cities in the world. Do please know that the weather here ain't warm at all -- in fact, you'll feel right at home when you get off the plane in Pisa or Florence.

Yesterday was the feast day of Santa Giulia (patroness of Livorno), and we lunched at a divine boite, looking upon various beach establishments which were firmly closed up.

It being the weekend, perhaps some enterprising souls will open up their establishments in Viareggio. We'd suggest you have a ponce (a coffee laced with a Livornese liquor) while watching the waves be surly -- at least, for these next few days.

Edited: 24 May 2013, 16:46
Marina di...
Level Contributor
721 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches open this week?

Hi! Generally the summer season at beaches starts on June, but some beaches, if weather is good, often open before...

This year, as Artviva said, weather has been really cold and cloudy/rainy until now... I hope that next week will be better and that you can have a good time!

Edited: 25 May 2013, 15:18
Houston, TX
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches open this week?

In Liguria now and out of the last week, I've seen a few hardy souls in the sea for a few hours only. Beach club opens in June. Cold. Rainy. Windy. Rather miserable weather near the sea now, unfortunately. Yesterday was nice most of the day but still chilly. Today, jacket, boots, scarf and this morning, I wished for gloves! I'm in Sestri Levante and have spent a good part of the time in Chiavari. Viareggio toward Genoa: brrrrr!!

Hopefully next week will be better, but I surely wouldn't pack too much beach wear.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
989 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches open this week?

I'm sitting by the fireplace, wishing I still had some wood leftover from the winter. BRRR!!! Bring your ice skates!

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches open this week?

Even though I'm not supposed to use the radiators in my cottage this late in May, I couldn't take it anymore. I bought nice long cotton pajamas in the market this morning. I have on fuzzy socks and pajamas, the radiators are all on full blast and I'm under a blanket on the sofa. I cannot believe it's almost June in Liguria.

I just went on to weather.com to see where I could take a quick flight to if it doesn't let up soon. Palermo or Tunisia sure sound tempting!

6. Re: Beaches open this week?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Viareggio
Recent Conversations