We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

night taxi from Pisa airport

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
night taxi from Pisa airport

HI

Our flight arrives after 10pm and I'm afraid we could miss the last train from Pisa airport (which is 22.30 btw).

Can we easily take a taxi at the exit at Pisa airport or should it be ordered, like radiotaxi?

Will be there any taxis so late time for Italy?

How much taxi Pisa airport-Viareggio will cost?

I have an offer of private transfer for 90 euro, but it seems too much for me

Thank you

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: night taxi from Pisa airport

I paid 100 euro a few years ago so 90 does not seem too bad.Check the last train from Pisa Centrale to Viareggio (22:50 last time I looked costing 7:50 euro)and consider a taxi from the airport to the station which takes 10 minutes maximum.All the best.

South East England...
Level Contributor
4,973 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: night taxi from Pisa airport

Just to note,there is no train service re: Pisa airport to/from Pisa Centrale until December 2015. In the meantime there is a replacement PisaMover bus service, see: www.pisa-airport.com/index.php…

mesh

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: night taxi from Pisa airport

The idea of taxi to Pisa railway staition doesn't work, as last train Pisa- Viarregio is at 10.46pm, High risk of missing it, taking in account we have to wait for the luggage.

Believe me I checked all public transport options : )

The last bus leaves something after 20pm. Seems that Pisa airport is full of life everning time!

Edited: 05 June 2014, 14:24
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: night taxi from Pisa airport

Pisa is a decent city with varied accomodation,have you considered staying overnight?

Edited: 05 June 2014, 14:38
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: night taxi from Pisa airport

We have appartment in Viareggio paid Sat-Sat, so overnight in Pisa just will create additional exp.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,669 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: night taxi from Pisa airport

Probably cheaper than 90 euros to stay in Pisa for the night though.

Manchester, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: night taxi from Pisa airport

Hi,

We have just got back from Viareggio. On our last day the bus company went on strike so we had to get a taxi from Viareggio to Pisa airport. For 3 of us it cost 70 euros ,there was another couple who were charged 60 euros as there were 2 of them. Taxis charge by how many people are in the car. Try contacting a Viareggio taxi company rather than a private car company. Good luck!

8. Re: night taxi from Pisa airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2015, 05:16