We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

foreste umbra

Which Vieste hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
north georgia...
Level Contributor
157 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
foreste umbra

I plan to visit the Gargano Promontory next month. I saw an article about a beautiful national park that I remember as "Foreste Umbra." Does anyone know of it? Also, I will stay in Vieste--any suggestions about boats trips I shouldn't miss? Any additional info would be most appreciated as well!

London, England
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: foreste umbra

Can't help with boat trips as we visited early this year, off-season when nothing was open, but we did enjoy short walks in the lush forest which covers the rolling hills of the peninsula (not quite high enough to be mountains, so easy walking). There are lots of walks. These are not terribly well signposted or waymarked, but they are well mapped on the National Park literature which you can pick up in the local tourist centre, with detail of the local flora and fauna. Paths' start and finish points are clearly identifiable by reference to the kilometer posts on the roads which cross the forest. I think from memory that there are also buses if you don't have transport, and that there may be organised excursions with the Parks Rangers. Look at the regional Tourist Office website - in English, with links to maps and off road itineraries: turismo.regione.puglia.it/at/50/comune/382/en

2. Re: foreste umbra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 14:31