We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

viterbo to siena

St. Louis
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
viterbo to siena

What is the best mode of transportation to get from Viterbo to Siena? I'd rather not rent a car so I'm thinking train or bus but I'm not finding much on the internet. Any thoughts?

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Siena, Montalcino
Level Contributor
3,795 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: viterbo to siena

bill,

I don't know of a good solution but this works …trenitalia.com/b2c/… Porta Fiorentina&stazout=Siena&datag=23&datam=02&dataa=2010&timsh=01&timsm=00&nreq=5&stazin_r=Staz_DA&stazout_r=Staz_A&datag_r=01&datam_r=01&dataa_r=2009&timsh_r=01&timsm_r=00&nreq_r=5&npag=1&sort=0&economy=1&det=&solotreno=0&noreservation=0&traintype=&car=0

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: viterbo to siena

You can take Trenitalia from Viterbo Porta Fiorentina to Siena (connecting in Attigliano and Chiusi scalo). Approximately 3.5 hours and 10.50 Euros one-way.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Siena, Montalcino
Level Contributor
3,795 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: viterbo to siena

bill,

Apparently my link to the trenitalia routing did not work. It would have shown the answer that GAC gave. The trenitalia website is www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

I have taken this route and it seems too long but I don't know of a better solution.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,980 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: viterbo to siena

There may be a direct bus leaving Viterbo at 6 am and arriving in Siena at 8.40, run by Sirabus whose website does not work. An enquiry in Viterbo might confirm or otherwise.

5. Re: viterbo to siena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2010, 07:17