We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to Viterbo from Rome

Which Viterbo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portsmouth, NH
10 posts
Save Topic
Train to Viterbo from Rome

I did this trip a few years ago but it was terribly confusing so I'm hoping for some clarity this year. I need to go from Rome Airport to Viterbo by train. So that means I need to get to the train station from the airport--how is that done, please? And also, I seem to recall that the train we took had an end destination that was not Viterbo, but that Viterbo was one of the stops. Any clarity for this trip would be very much appreciated. Thx.

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,816 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train to Viterbo from Rome

Take the LOCAL airporter train from Roma Aeroporto to Roma Trastevere (NOT the more expensive, nonstop airporter train to Roma Termini), then CONNECT to the hourly regionale train from Roma Trastevere to Viterbo Porta Romana/Porta Fiorentina (terminus). Do you know what station to get off? Some Viterbo hotels are closer to Porta Fiorentina than to Porta Romana.

www.ferroviedellostato.it

Portsmouth, NH
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Train to Viterbo from Rome

Thanks so much! Yes, we know we should get off at Porta Romana station. And I don't have to worry about that end of the line station that the schedule will display?

3. Re: Train to Viterbo from Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2010, 07:34