We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RentalCars.com & Hertz

Which Viterbo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
RentalCars.com & Hertz

Stay away from both. Scam artists. Real pros. Double charged me, lied, coerced, didn't have my car, made me go get it an hour away, then tried to charge an extra day for being 3 hours late returning it (which was the 3 horus it took to GET the right car). Just an awful, awful experience. Now disputing the addition $2142 they put on my credit card without my signature. I had paid the bill ($1837) in full three months prior. I could go on, but please, do not use EITHER vendor. Use EuropCar. LOVELY honest wonderful folks whom I have used for 7 years. This year, their website was down the day I was booking, and I thought they closed the office... Should have pursued. Buon viaggio, tutti!

Boston...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RentalCars.com & Hertz

Oh, also, the location is a 15 euro cab ride out of the town center.

Boston...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RentalCars.com & Hertz

And another thing, they mysteriously answered a question about a charge by calling me on my cell phone, and reassuring me about a refund I would get as long as I did not damage the car. That call is now untraceable. I know the date and time of the call, but there is no record of it, and without proof, they won't listen to me.

3. Re: RentalCars.com & Hertz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Viterbo