We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lajatico holiday

Level Contributor
4 posts
190 reviews
Save Topic
Lajatico holiday

Last month my wife and I stayed in Latjatico the home of village Andrea Bocelli. Our apartment "Lina" was in the centre of the village and let to us by Jill Albrecht (jilma) who is a contributor to this forum.

The apartment was ideal with a balcony and a great view overlooking the Tuscan hills and the Teatro del Silenzio.

Jill has superb local knowledge and was able to direct us to a couple of local restaurants. La Mangiatoia in Orciatico and the Molino d Era on the road to Volterra from Lajatico.

The village has a good selection of shops including a bakery and we found the local people very friendly and helpful.

Free Internet is available in the Municipal building in the village.

Palazzo Viti
Architectural Buildings, Points of Interest & Landmarks, History Museums
Piazza dei Priori
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Historic Sites
Porta all'Arco
Ancient Ruins, Historic Sites, Historic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Cathedral of Volterra (Duomo)
Sacred & Religious Sites, Historic Sites
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lajatico holiday

Hi, This year I also stayed in Lajatico for the annual event at Teatro del Silenzio. I stayed in the same apartment unit as the previous poster, in the apartment Bellosguardo. This is a beautifully appointed, ground floor apartment, with direct access to the gardens and plunge pool and of course those wonderful views of the Tuscan hills. For 2010 I have booked apartment LINA, as the previous poster, and I know it will be a beautiful holiday again. Jill is the ultimate hostess, and is always ready to give assistance if needed. I can thoroughly recommend tuscany-orciatico.it for the whole package and the real deal! Happy holidays

2. Re: Lajatico holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Volterra