We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone recommend a private driver for Pisa to Volterra?

Durham
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Can anyone recommend a private driver for Pisa to Volterra?

Four friends will be arriving later than planned on the 29th April because of delayed flights and we need to get to Volterra that evening.

I have been advised to ask if anyone could recommend a private driver to take us and our luggage from Pisa airport (arriving 19.40) to Volterra.

I have been advised that a taxi would be quite expensive and that a private driver could be a good option, but I would also be grateful if anyone could give me an idea of how much the taxi fare will be.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anyone recommend a private driver for Pisa to Volterra?

Hi,,, I hope this may help you. For 3years I have used a private driver to take me around the Volterra area, he speaks very good English, is professional and very knowledgable and friendly. You can contact him at: (filippo.perferi@yahoo.it. I am sure you would find Filippo's service excellent. Good luck, and enjoy springtime Tuscany!

Durham
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can anyone recommend a private driver for Pisa to Volterra?

Many thanks June46. Our hotel have organised transport for us, but I'll keep the details of your recommendation in case we need transport during our stay.

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can anyone recommend a private driver for Pisa to Volterra?

Would you mind sharing the name of your hotel? Would love to know of a hotel in Volterra that would organize transport from Pisa.

Durham
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Can anyone recommend a private driver for Pisa to Volterra?

Hi SavannahMame

The hotel that we will be staying in have organised a taxi for us, and the Hotel is the Park Hotel la Fonti, they have been very helpful.

5. Re: Can anyone recommend a private driver for Pisa to Volterra?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Volterra