We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Concert in Teatro del Silenzio/Andrea Bocelli 2014

Which Volterra hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milford Haven
Level Contributor
41 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Concert in Teatro del Silenzio/Andrea Bocelli 2014

We have booked flights to Pisa and tickets for the concert on 20th July 2014. We do not want to hire a car and are now wondering where the best place would be to stay(4 days). A receptionist in Volterra said the bus from Pisa takes ages but at least they would arrange transport to Lajatico for the concert, which I understand is difficult to get to. Would be grateful for any suggestions that would make our short break easier. Thank you.

Richmond, Virginia...
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Concert in Teatro del Silenzio/Andrea Bocelli 2014

Will your hotel arrange transportation? What hotel are you in? I heard there are shuttles in Volterra to take us to the concert? Let me know if you find out anything. I have tickets but am trying to figure out where to stay and the city closest to the concert and transportation.

Tuscany, Italy
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Concert in Teatro del Silenzio/Andrea Bocelli 2014

Lajatico is a nice village over hills and the venue is at walking distance, so I would recommend it if you don't want to hire a car. From Pisa you can reach it by train (to Pontedera) + bus.

Volterra is also a very good solution, if they provide a transfer to Lajatico (it is at 20 minutes by car). It is one of the best Tuscan towns in my opinion, especially for the extremely scenic position. Here you can get an idea: http://www.volterratur.it/en/ In order to reach Volterra from Pisa you can get the train to Pontedera (15 minutes ride) and then bus (around one hour).

Milford Haven
Level Contributor
41 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Concert in Teatro del Silenzio/Andrea Bocelli 2014

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Our situation has now changed as our friends are joining us and want to hire a car. We plan to have just two nights possibly in Volterra so we will book accommodation and use the transport that is available to take us to the concert. I have booked and paid for the tickets through vivaticket, now I am wondering if it best for me to request they send them to my home address. Have you received your tickets?

Regards.

Milford Haven
Level Contributor
41 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Concert in Teatro del Silenzio/Andrea Bocelli 2014

Thank you for taking the time to reply. We are now hiring a car as our friends are joining us so we will have more flexibility. We hope to stay in Volterra for two nights and use the transport provided by the hotel to reach the concert. I have looked for accommodation at Lajitico but at present all are showing fully booked. I am sure this will be the case for a little while until the agents return the rooms they have block booked and haven't been able to fill. We visited Volterra a few years ago and are very keen to return!

Kind regards.

Richmond, Virginia...
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Concert in Teatro del Silenzio/Andrea Bocelli 2014

The tickets to the concert will be mailed out after Jan 7 due to the holiday rush.

We are going to the concert too and I am very confused as to where to fly into ...Pisa or Florence? And then from there how to get to the concert. I have booking in Volterra and have arranged for the bus there to take us to the concert. I guess it's best to rent a car and hope for the best instead of using public transportation?????

Milford Haven
Level Contributor
41 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Concert in Teatro del Silenzio/Andrea Bocelli 2014

We were planning to use public transport from Pisa until our friends decided to join us and we are now hiring a car. I would have been happy to get the train from Pisa to Pontedera and the bus from there to Volterra, I believe it would take over 2 hrs, whereas in a car it would take 1 and quarter hours. Or we may have picked up a taxi in Pontedera for the last leg of the journey. Hope you enjoy your trip.

nyc
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Concert in Teatro del Silenzio/Andrea Bocelli 2014

hi. same questions… where is the best to fly into for the concert.. and then to stay.. i have heard to purchase tickets with a package that include transportation.. but am so lost right now.. any suggestions..

Tuscany, Italy
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Concert in Teatro del Silenzio/Andrea Bocelli 2014

First best: Pisa Airport

Second best: Florence Airport

Milford Haven
Level Contributor
41 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Concert in Teatro del Silenzio/Andrea Bocelli 2014

Arriana and friends offer some very nice packages but want the total monies up front so we decided to buy our tickets from www.citysoundmilano.com and have arranged our own flights with Easy Jet to Pisa. We hope to stay in Volterra and use the hotel shuttle to the concert. Yes it is a lot of organising, we just hope we have got it right!

Ontario, Canada
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Concert in Teatro del Silenzio/Andrea Bocelli 2014

Question Diana H....can you provide more specific details on how you arranged a shuttle in Volterra to take you to the concert venue? We (3) have ordered tickets and have a hotel booked in Volterra but are running into difficulty trying to find out details of any shuttles / buses that may operate from Volterra to the concert site. (Our hotel doesn't arrange any transportation; I've sent an inquiry to the local tourism office in Volterra but no response).

'appreciate any help you can provide! Thankyou

Get answers to your questions about Volterra