We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Desenzano del Garda

Which Desenzano Del Garda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Desenzano del Garda

I have never been to this part of Italy. The comments I have read about Desenzano del Garda being very busy and young nightlife are putting me off slightly. Can anyone give me any advice on the suitability of Desenzano del Garda with children aged 8 and 13?

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Desenzano del Garda

Hi, Desenzano has a very picturesque old harbour and historic centre. It is a good transport hub, but it is the largest town on the lake and is therefore busier than most towns.

There are lots of prettier/smaller towns to choose from but if you have already booked then there is probably no reason to change.

However, if you haven't yet booked (and given the ages of your children) you may want to be closer to either the theme parks at the south-east of the lake, or to the north of the lake where there are several water-sports on offer.

Rovato, Italy
Level Contributor
81 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Desenzano del Garda

It depends. If you are looking for leisure and nightlife, maybe Desenzano can lay claim the biggest offer of the lake. It's also very well connected (10 minutes by train) with Peschiera, town where all main theme parks (such as Caneva, Movieland and Gardaland) are located.

Instead, if you prefer peaceful places suitable for families, I think you should consider other locations.

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
5,358 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Desenzano del Garda

Desenzano del Garda being one of the largest towns has large commercial areas around the town and in the surrounding areas. I agree with Scozzese that if you haven't already booked you may find it better to be on the eastern shore nearer to the Theme parks and with easier access to Malcesine and the Monte Baldo cable car.

Caneva World and Movieland are actually in Lazise, Gardaland is on the outskirts of Peschiera del Garda.

http://www.gardaland.it/resort/index-en.php

http://www.canevaworld.it/

Edited: 23 June 2014, 15:45
London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Desenzano del Garda

Thank you very much for your replies. Decided to go for it - mainly for budgetary reasons!

5. Re: Desenzano del Garda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Desenzano Del Garda