We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Ios to Athens

Glasgow
4 posts
Save Topic
Ferry from Ios to Athens

Hi,

Can anyone advise if there any ferries running from Ios to Athens on 15 September 2008.

Every site I have checked has no ferries running??

Thanks

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry from Ios to Athens

Have you check this one??

www.ferries.gr

maybe it is really early...but try this too

London
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry from Ios to Athens

I've also got the same question, the website above doesn't return any results. All I really need to know at this stage is if here is a ferry from Ios to Athens and if so, how often it departs and how long does it take?

Many thanks! :)

Glasgow
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry from Ios to Athens

Laura,

We had to get a ferry back to Paros from Ios to enable us to catch a connection back to Athens.

There were no direct ferries from Ios to Athens on the day we required it. I think in the height of Summer there are daily ferries but the timetable changes around beginning/middle of September.

I would not depend on the timetables listed on websites as they are subject to change.

We spend three weeks in September last year island hopping and always managed to get a ferry.

ios greek island...
Destination Expert
for Ios
Level Contributor
806 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry from Ios to Athens

hi marie

from may until end of october there are ferries everyday ios to pireaus (athens port)

they normally give the new schedule may

but have informed me they are going to release sched early this year as ive been bugging them lol,

the highspeed runs every day which takes 3 and 1/2 hours ,

blue star ferry take approx 6 1/2 hours

some slow ferrys take 8 hours

the slower ferry romilda can take 12 hours approx ok as it stops at alot of islands on the way ,

but you can get a cabin for the night as it normally leaves pireaus around 7pm and arrives ios around 5.30am saves on accomadation too if backpacking

other options are flights

gatwick to santorini easyjet !

or athens to santorini flight (u dont have to leave airport then)

or athens to naxos flight

olympicairlines and aegeanairlines

flights save time transfers and what you would spend on food and drinks on boat and buses n taxis to ports

hope this helps

oioi

look forward to meeting you in ios this summer

pop by to say hello

piperri meze restaurant ios village

5. Re: Ferry from Ios to Athens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 12:23
Get answers to your questions about Ios
Recent Conversations