We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking of coming to Ios next summer

England
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Thinking of coming to Ios next summer

Hiya!

I've never been to Ios before, but a work colleague has said it's one of the most beautiful places in Greece that he has been to and it's got me tempted.

I'm 23 and will be travelling on my own (aaaggh!) I'd like to come for the whole summer next year, so would be really useful to know some info from people who have visited in the past.

- When is the best time to come? Is April too early?

- Would it be best to try and get a job before I arrive or is it easy to find one?

- Same goes for getting accommodation, is it best to wait?

- As someone that can't drive, what are the more accessible areas of the Island?

Any kind of local knowledge and advice would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Rachel :-)

ios greek island...
Destination Expert
for Ios
Level Contributor
823 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thinking of coming to Ios next summer

hi rachel

im originally from portsmouth uk,

and been living in ios now for years ,

best time to come to look for work is mid may,

( easyjet has just released flight prices to santorini from gatwick may 12th is 36,99£ 1 way )

great price!! and only 30 mins by boat santorini to ios!!!)

most people on ios like to hire people face to face so id come and find work , its easy enough , finding accomadation should be easy , just get a cheap room for a few nights to start with in the village ,

as u get off boat in ios your see hotel and room owners with there signs trying to get people to rent a room check them out as its a good price till you find cheap workers accomadation

rooms can be cheap in may starting from 10 euros a night !!! only !!!

theres a few of us been in ios for years working from pompey

myself piperri restaurant ios village,

tracy.. lord byrons restaurant,

kaeti .. fun pub

kyle ... rehab and flames

sahala ...mother and wife lol

feel sure to contact me if you need anymore info ok

oioi

2. Re: Thinking of coming to Ios next summer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 19:17
Get answers to your questions about Ios