We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nightlife

London
4 posts
Save Topic
nightlife

is ios still centre of entertainment for 18 year olds or has it gone downhill in recent years?

London
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: nightlife

a group of us are keen to go to one or a few of the cyclades islands but hve read somewhere that ios is no longer the party island it used to be. can anyone help us out, who has been recently, and give their opinion please.

ios greek island...
Destination Expert
for Ios
Level Contributor
804 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nightlife

hi smith ios has something for everyone ok dont matter what age !!

ios has always been known as the party island of greek islands since the hippy days (they still return) with live music and jammin sessions to djs from all over the world coming to play,

the main drag through the village is vibrant with nightlife starting from may onwards ,around the middle of

june sees the BIG midsummer fest on ios partying all day long people dress up in togas and flowers in there hair starting off at rehab and flames in the main village around 9am heading to the main beach of miloportas carrying on thru the night again in the main ios village a great time to come ,

july and august are also pumping right through to end sept,

easyjet now have cheap flights gatwick to santorini thira where u can catch ferry to ios

hope this helps feel free to contact me for more info ,

im oioi ill be at PIPERRI tapa n meze restaurant in the main village if ya need help once here take care oioi

London
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: nightlife

ok thanks, how are the clubs and bars there? ive heard scorpion is the largest but how many tourists and locals does it attract every night around july? i understand the beaches are exceptional along with the weather but it is the nightlife that we are really interested in. which other islands in the region would rival ios in terms of partying? also what are the arrangements for accomodation are there cheap hostels or not? and do we book or just pitch up?

thanks for your help. smith.

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
2,812 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nightlife

Smith,

If you are looking for a hostel, try Francesco's, they have some shared dorm rooms:

http://www.francescos.net/index.html

Whether you need to book or not depends on when you are going. If you're going in July or August, it would be better to book but otherwise you don't need to.

GreecemadUK

ios greek island...
Destination Expert
for Ios
Level Contributor
804 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nightlife

as greece said above francescos is a great place to stay for youg travellers its a family run buisness very clean and central situated in the main village so its not to far to walk home after ya hanging lolvery reasonably priced with a fantastic view and facilities ,

i reccomended francescos to my 21 year old cousin and his friends this summer he loved it ,

ios is the biggest party island of the cyclades islands has been since the 70s due to its real greek tranquility and the beaches and coves out this world your have the time of your life ,

if you want to add me on fb i have loads of pics from past summers so you can view ,

apart from ios mykonos is next in line for nightlife though it can be alot more expensive drinks food accomadation etc as they have alot of cruise ships entering there port every day with pensioners etc ,

you can always do a night in mykonos from ios during your holiday as the fast ferry takes 2 1/2 hours leaves normally around 5pm and returns next day approx midday

hope this helps have fun oioi

6. Re: nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about Ios
Recent Conversations