We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thessalonika --> Ios

Adelaide
4 posts
Save Topic
Thessalonika --> Ios

hi guys,

i will be looking to get from Thessalonika to Ios around the 6th of July. We are restricted with time and so do not want to lose a day in Athens but the ferry's only seem to go from Athens (Piraeus) --> Ios at 7am meaning we would need to catch a late flight the day before from Thess (lose a night there) to Athens in order to make the early leave the next day.

I was just wondering, what is the best way to get from Thessalonika to Ios, is there a high-speed ferry which takes that route?

any help would be much appreciated

Mentioned in this post
Ios
Ios
Cyclades, Greece
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Piraeus
Piraeus
Piraeus Region, Greece
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,399 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thessalonika --> Ios

You can fly from Thessaloniki to Santorini and then take a ferry to Ios (it takes about an hour)

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Ios
Ios
Cyclades, Greece
Adelaide
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thessalonika --> Ios

thanks i know but the flights are quite expensive (140-150GBP).

are there any other options?

Adelaide
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Thessalonika --> Ios

It's just flights out of salonika are quite expensive to the islands

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,399 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thessalonika --> Ios

There used to be several reasonably priced charter flights from Thessaloniki to Santorini (besides Aegean and Olympic via Athens). Perhaps you can get some info at the Thessaloniki airport.

Mentioned in this post
From Thessaloniki
From Thessaloniki
26 Reviews
Thessaloniki, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki Region, Greece
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,500 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thessalonika --> Ios

There are no useful ferries out of Thessaloniki for your direction.

Cheap option:

1) Thessalonika > Athens flying/bus whatever. Take bus to Athens Airport to arrive about 24:00 crash out for a few hours until ~04:00 then take the X96 bus to the port for the 07:25 ferry 'Ag Georgios'. The 'Ag. Georgios' is not daily so it's 6 July or 8 July.

Not the daily 'Hispeed 6' at 07:00 it's twice the price.

Even flying direct to Santorini may not get you a same day ferry to Ios. You can look that up. 6 July, Ferries Santorini > Ios at 08:15, 11:40, 16:20, 18:30 the last is the cheaper 'Ag. Georgios' again.

Mentioned in this post
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki Region, Greece
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Ios
Ios
Cyclades, Greece
Adelaide
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Thessalonika --> Ios

thanks so much. i might have to leave late on the 5th and go about it that way instead. i will look into the other option also.

what website are you using to get these ferry dates/times?

Edited: 02 June 2011, 14:30
7. Re: Thessalonika --> Ios

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 12:16