We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry question

Ct
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
ferry question

are there ferries to ios from athens in october? if so how much? also what is the port of athens called? piraeus, attica???? thanks

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ferry question

the port of Athens it is called the last 5000 years Pireas; )

yes you will find many ferries heading to lovely ios...the cost of the ticket os about 25-30€..www.bluestarferies.gr

Ct
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ferry question

thanks, so the ferries run everyday or at least every other day from athens to ios?

Ct
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ferry question

i looked on blues star ferries nad they only seem to run on tuesday and thursday in late september early Oct. are there other ferry lines that do this route?

ios greek island...
Destination Expert
for Ios
Level Contributor
812 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ferry question

hi pave theres a ferry to ios at least every day in october ok

for certain one leaves at 7.30am from pireaus to ios its the blue star ferry ok,

not sure yet if highspeed will be running then but it was last oct which is very quick only takes approx 3 hours to ios

another option is to fly from athens airport to naxos 1 way is approx 47 euros with olympic airways then take highspeed to ios only 50 mins approx

or flight from athens to santorini approx 70 euros with olympic

cya in ios ill be at old byrons restaurant behind pharmacy

dublin, ireland
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: ferry question

where can u get the high speed ferry from?and how much does it cost? is there any site on the internet to find out more info?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,107 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ferry question

There amounts to at least one ferry per day from Piraeus > Ios with various ferry companies, BlueStar, G&A, Hellenic Seaways. Times would be around ~07:00 and ~17:00. There maybe a Hi-Speed ones at about the same times depending on when they decide to reduce services in the autumn.

Websites won't have all the information now it's much too early.

http://www.gtp.gr/RoutesForm.asp

http://www.openseas.gr/OPENSEAS/index_en.vm

Mid-Atlantic
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: ferry question

CHANGE YOUR DATES, you have to come earlier...

NP

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,161 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: ferry question

October in Ios must be very quiet. When does the party season end?

Mid-Atlantic
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: ferry question

It end after the first week in September but even then only about half the bars are open, it's still very nice and warm, if you're looking for the ballz out party then the last 2 weeks in July and all of August.

NP

Sydney
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: ferry question

i am coming to ios in July from santorini.. but i have no idea how to get there. i looked at the ferries from blue star and could not see any at this time... do they not run or something. i dont wanna book my accomodation etc. unless i know that i can get there... HELP PLEASE

Get answers to your questions about Ios
Recent Conversations