We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ios or Mykonos in September

halifax nova scotia
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Ios or Mykonos in September

Hi all !

I'm heading to Greece in September (arrive in Athens on Sept 17th, will be floating around the islands until the 26th) and I'm wondering if we should spend more time in Mykonos or Ios? Originally we had planned 3 nights in Mykonos and 3 nights in Ios, but are thinking that maybe we'll do 2 nights in Mykonos and 4 in Ios.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

J

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
572 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ios or Mykonos in September

You might get a biased few in the Ios forum :)

If its your first time then definitely head to both as its worth seeing both islands. Personally I prefer Ios so would spend more time their. Especially if you are on a budget! Mykonos can work out pretty expensive.

I wrote a blog post on Ios which always seems popular if you fancy a read

journeytom.com/2011/…

there are plenty of comments and answers on the post that might help too

Cheers

tjay

halifax nova scotia
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ios or Mykonos in September

Great blog, it's very helpful!! And it's also making me VERY excited for this trip !!!!

Thanks for your help :)

J

mallorytown, ontario
Level Contributor
220 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ios or Mykonos in September

I prefer Ios. People are friendlier, prices are lower. If its your first time to Greece you can also do a day trip from Ios to Santorini. Kind of a must see of the Greek Islands. Then I'd do 2 nights in Athens on your way home.

4. Re: Ios or Mykonos in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 12:18
Get answers to your questions about Ios
Recent Conversations