We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ios at the end of June

Surrey
Level Contributor
63 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Ios at the end of June

We are looking at incorporating Ios at the end of June

as part of a months Island hopping.We are a couple in our sixties.

We will be coming from Paros on the 21 June & leaving on Sunday 24 June for Naxos.

We do not like the party scene so would it be be better to spend more time on Naxos.

Also is there a ferry service from IOS to Naxos on a Sunday( not a sea jet as they make me sick)

Thanks for any advice.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ios at the end of June

Yes, you have two ferries to Naxos on June 24, one is the Aqua Spirit (13:10-14:50), the other Blue Star Delos (16:40-17:55). If you want to have some peace and quiet and avoid the party scene you should seek accommodation in the port (Gialos/Yialos), but some distance away from the ferry pier as the arriving/departing ferries can cause quite a commotion. Avoid Chora and Mylopotas.

stockton on tees
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ios at the end of June

I am 53 and have been to Ios several times,the most recent two years ago.To be honest,there is not an awaful lot on Ios unless you like beaches which I do or the nightlife which I dont..The main village is pretty during the day but quite lively at night but it is easy to avoid the party scene especially as it doesnt start till after my bedtime !!.Ozzlem gave you good advice as regards where to stay,I have always stayed near the port and there are a few reasonable tavernas and cafes there.

If you are going to Naxos,you will find the beaches as good if not better than Ios plus there is a lot more to see and do around the island so much as I like Ios,I would suggest you skip and add extra days to Paros and Naxos.

Scotland
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ios at the end of June

Hi, hubby and I are in our fifties and after by-passing Ios a number of times (thought it was for the party people) we decide that this year we would stop off on our way from Santorini to Naxos. Like you we are on a four week trip after missing our trips to Greece for four years due to ill health. So we are making up for it this year. :)

Staying down in Yialos looked like the best option for us so we miss out on the nightlife, but can walk up to the village during the day, (we arrive day after you, 22nd June, so if you fancy meeting up for dinner, pm me ). If not we might see you on Naxos. lol

ios greek island...
Destination Expert
for Ios
Level Contributor
823 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ios at the end of June

hi all there is so much to do and see in ios no matter what age , ios has the party strip like any island but unlike other islands ios has so much more to offer from greek live music to jazz bars rock bars remember ios use to be the hippy island in the 70s and 80s so we still get alot returning every summer ! its called growing old with ios ,in the winding alley ways of ios you will find small tavernas and restaurants all my friends and family stay in the village hermes and katerina pension and tracy and yanis rooms as its set 5 minute walk into town ,they found staying at the port they had to hire a car everyday or walk into to the village which i dont reccomend for people our age lol hope you enjoy ios ill be at oioigeeza clothing in the main village pop by and say hello oioi

5. Re: Ios at the end of June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 20:41
Get answers to your questions about Ios