We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from ios to other islands

Nis, Serbia
5 posts
Save Topic
from ios to other islands

hello people. can't wait to visit ios for the first time, this year in july... i was wondering, if anyone knows, if there is a connection to other islands of Cyclades? are there boats or ships, anything, from ios port to other islands? thank you ♥

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: from ios to other islands

ferry timetables:

www.gtp.gr

Enter Ios for the departure port and leave the destination unfilled - the drop down menu will tell which islands you can go to from Ios.

Nis, Serbia
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: from ios to other islands

thank you :) i can't wait to visit ios.. but i do hope there will be day trips to other Cyclades too :)

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: from ios to other islands

As far as I know there are no organized day trips from Ios. You can only go by regular ferries and since all the timetables are already out you can very easily check on the linked website where you can go and when. Check the prices on the ferry companies own websites or online agents like danae.gr or ferries.gr - some destinations do not make financial sense for the number of hours you can get on the island.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,210 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: from ios to other islands

Far easier to use http://www.openseas.gr/ and put in 'IOS' and 'ALL' as the second port you then get a list of ferries for each day.

The ticket agencies in Ios port and Chora have a board up with daily ferry departures listed so it's obvious where you can go.

Because of the ferry routes daytrips are awkward times, distances large and expensive as you end up paying for a fast ferry both ways, thus wasting a load of time and money.

One way travel is very easy as the choice of islands from Ios is enormous - includes Santorini, Thirasia, Anafi, Naxos, Paros, Amorgos, Sikinos, Folegandros, Crete, Mykonos, Tinos, Milos, Syros, Kithnos, Kea.

So that's around 15 Cycladic islands plus mainland ports of Piraeus and Rafina, one way and stay, but not as sensible daytrips.

Few daytrip boats, probably to Santorini but that's about all.

Edited: 22 June 2013, 11:31
Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,460 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: from ios to other islands

When we were on Ios last week there was a boat in the harbour advertising day trips to Sikinos and Folegandros. I don't know how much they cost or how long you had on each island, probably not long enough to see very much.

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
2,869 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: from ios to other islands

Is this a day trip that allows you to spend time on both islands? I can remember many years ago taking a day trip from Ios to Sikinos. It was a little boat that was technically a ferry and you could go to Sikinos or Folegandros, but not both

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,460 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: from ios to other islands

Yes this boat was advertising a day trip visiting both islands. I presume it is similar to the trips from Naxos where you can visit Iraklia and Koufonissi.

Edited: 23 June 2013, 18:26
Nis, Serbia
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: from ios to other islands

well im looking for a day trip boat, i don't want to spend more than a day on the island.. just to see it for a day.. i'm spending 2weeks on ios so why not seeing something else? :) thank you

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
41 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: from ios to other islands

There is a fantastic day trip on Wednesday s from Ios to Sikonos ...you get to visit a winery there and see a bit of that island. It is a great day trip and I highly recommend it.

As for two weeks on Ios....you will LOVE it !!!!!

Nis, Serbia
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: from ios to other islands

thank you very much. few days have left till i arrive... can't wait.. thank you ;)