We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Ios

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in Ios

Hi There,

I am going to be in Ios in mid October and wondering is there any particular area that is good to stay.

I am a 26 year old guy. I know at that time of year things will be a lot quitter on the Island. Near any of the nice beaches would be good to stay as basically I am there for 3 days hoping to just relax, lie on the beach and eat a drink.

If anyone has any suggestions of areas to stay or what to do/not to do, that would be great.

Thanks - Mat

Mentioned in this post
Ios
Ios
Cyclades, Greece
North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Ios

Mat. On Ios you have got three main choices for accommodation. They are Port, Chora and Mylopotas beach. In season there are regular buses linking all three but out of season who knows! As you won't have a problem getting a room at that time of the year I would just play it by ear when you get there. Mylopotas is the best easy beach and there is accommodation there too but it comes back to finding out what is going to be open at that time of year. It may be that the Chora or the Port could be best because there will at least be eating options available there even if it means a hike or a taxi to the beach which isn't far so shouldn't cost much.

You could try e-mailing the bus company and asking them about the service when you are going to be there. Here is a link to the summer timetables http://www.ktel-ios.gr/gr/timetable There is a Contact Us page there too.

Mozzies can be a problem on Ios although not sure how much of a problem at that time of the year which would suggest basing yourself in the Chora or somewhere up on the hill between the Port and the Chora, ie away from the water (thats the theory anyway). The land behind Mylopotas is marshy/drained marshland and so was always prone to mozzies but it is a few years since I was there.

Hope this helps a bit.

Mentioned in this post
Ios
Ios
Cyclades, Greece
Chora
Chora
Ios, Greece
Mylopotas Beach
Mylopotas Beach
786 Reviews
Ios, Greece
ios greek island...
Destination Expert
for Ios
Level Contributor
845 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Ios

as peter said above i love ocotober in ios great weather for beach days and good restaurants sttill open

Oak Park, Illinois
Level Contributor
17 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Ios

We are planning to go to Ios in May as well as Santorini and Mykonos. We are youthful seniors who are not particularly beach people but we are active..scuba divers, etc..can anyone recommend things to do there?

Mentioned in this post
Ios
Ios
Cyclades, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Mykonos
Mykonos
Cyclades, Greece
Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
462 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Ios

Liostasi Hotel is v. nice - am staying there in May - great sunsets, pool and facilities...

Mentioned in this post
Liostasi Hotel & Suites
Liostasi Hotel & Suites
501 Reviews
Ios, Greece
Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
4,259 posts
1,007 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Ios

We loved Island House Hotel on Mylopotas beach. Great location, pool and people. If the buses are infrequent you can walk up to the Chora in half an hour

Mentioned in this post
Mylopotas Beach
Mylopotas Beach
786 Reviews
Ios, Greece
Chora
Chora
Ios, Greece
6. Re: Where to stay in Ios

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2016, 05:15