We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferries in September

Reading, Berkshire
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ferries in September

Does anyone know how often the ferries run daily from Thira (Santorini) and Ios?

I arrive on 4th Septmeber, for 7nights. The ferry information website doesnt list any timetables for September?

Any info will help, thanks!

Katy

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,681 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferries in September

About 2x per day to/from Santorini to Ios. I suspect you are on a direct charter flight on Tuesday in which case there is a ferry at about 15:30 to Ios, Bluestar ferries.

Reading, Berkshire
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferries in September

Thanks Retired Hippy.

Our flights arrive in Santorini on Tuesday 4th September at 12.30 in the afternoon then we depart Santorini at 13.30 on Tuesday 11th September.

Do you think the ferry times will match up this and will it be easy to get ferries plus go from Port to Airport?

Thanks

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,681 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferries in September

Yes it is no problem at all. On arrival at Santorini just get a taxi straight to Athinios the port ~12 €. The ticket agents don't open til 1 hour before ferry departure so just relax in a cafe and when the ticket agents open buy a ticket.

On the return you will be very unlikely to get a ferry early enough to get your flight on the same day, so you will likely have to overnight on Santorini.

On arrival back in Santorini(Athinios), I just get the bus up to Fira the main town, find a room for overnight and then get the bus to the airport the next morning 10:00 (hourly service) or you could get a taxi from the rank near the Fira bus station.

ios greek island...
Destination Expert
for Ios
Level Contributor
821 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferries in September

hi katy

boat schedules for the cyclades ... islands paros, naxos ,ios and santorini get released 1st week of may which you can view at www.openseas.gr when there released,your be fine getting the blue star santorini to ios which normally leaves at 3.30pm ,

coming back.. last year we had the high speed that left ios at 11.45am from ios and arrives in santorini at 12.25pm , but thats if the shcedules the same as last year ok,

in sptember theres no need to book ahead ferry tickets so i would reccomend getting them in santorini when you arrive where you can check out the times , as retired hippy said you can always spend the last night in santorini , but i have heard that the ferrys are trying to co inside with the santorini flights this year

hope this helps feel free to contact me if needed

thanking you

oioi

California
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferries in September

The Hellenic Seaways FlyingCat 4 schedule is out for next summer: http://www.ferries.gr/hfd/.

ios greek island...
Destination Expert
for Ios
Level Contributor
821 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferries in September

great ty eviltuna

lets hope they release schedules for the highspeed soon too

thanking you oioi

7. Re: Ferries in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 19:18
Get answers to your questions about Ios