We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Home Apartments, Calvi

East London, England
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Le Home Apartments, Calvi

I posted an earlier query - but no responses as yet! Can anyone tell me anything about 'Le Home Apartments' in Calvi? Thanks

UK
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Home Apartments, Calvi

Yes-We have been many times-Simple,very clean-Loads of character-Family owned-very friendly-Beautiful Gardens-own swimming Pool and approx.1/3rd of a mile from the Beach and a 10 minute walk to the main Town.Great place-Hope you enjoy it if you go.All the best Trevor and Sarah.

62w
Surrey
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Home Apartments, Calvi

I can't place where they are and I am thinking of going next year. Can anyone enlighten me? I went to apts Le Home in 1997 and I am sure they were on the road out of Calvi towards Ille Rousse? Is that right?

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Home Apartments, Calvi

We're just back from a week staying at L'Home Apartments, Calvi yesterday.

Me and my girlfriend arrived with a load of others last Sunday morning. We paid our deposit and were told to wait in the garden - because our apartment wasn't ready. Everyone else got their places, one by one, but after waiting half an hour of waiting we were still abandoned. I went to find the owner who finally sent the gardener to show us to our rooms. The gardener took us to an apartment and we spent an hour unpacking and then collapsed (we'd been up since 3am and it was midday by that time). At that point the owner burst in with two more guests and told us (Basil Fawlty style) that we were in the wrong room! He was completely unrepentant and claimed that it was OUR fault! With no apology and extreme rudeness we were told to repack all our stuff. My girlfriend was distraught and in tears and I was simply livid. I've never had such an unhappy beginning to a holiday. It ruined our first few days in Calvi. If he had merely apologised on the spot I wouldn't have minded... maybe even offered a conciliatory bottle of wine...

w62
London
Level Contributor
828 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Le Home Apartments, Calvi

That's very strange. We found Christophe to be extremely friendly and helpful when we were there in July. That's not at all inmdicative of the normal service. It's a shame it spoiled your holiday though. Was everything alright apart from that - ie for the rest of the holiday? We found the apts extremely relaxing and quiet and all the guests were lovely.

Manchester, England
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Le Home Apartments, Calvi

I have to agree with the chap from Kingston upon Thames regarding the owner. I've travelled widely across several continents, and have never received quite such a chilly welcome. He addressed us a group, so it certainly wasn't personal but I rather felt like he was doing us a favour, not that we were clients. Our one and only request for advice was brushed off quite rudely. For that reason, I'd be highly unlikely to return. On the positive side, the lady of the house was lovely whenever we encountered her. In fairness, I don't think anybody who has booked Le Home should feel concerned, as the gardens are absolutely lovely and the rooms are fine too (though they do vary widely in terms of decor and size). I was very excited about visiting Le Home after reading the reviews here, so was perhaps a little disappointed, as hospitality does matter IMO. Hopefully, others will have better experiences to report.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
421 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Le Home Apartments, Calvi

I'm going to the "A Merula apartments soon, am i right in thinking they are the same owners as Le home ? As the first post on this thread is quite old, maybe the grumpy man has defrosted a little over the years, i hope so.

Unfortunately It wouldn't be the first time we encountered rudeness and bad manners in Corsica though.

Alf.

w62
London
Level Contributor
828 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Le Home Apartments, Calvi

They are the same owners whom we found to be absolutely charming. And the A Merula apts are really great. I've never found the rudeness you refer to. Great island , great people.

New England
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Le Home Apartments, Calvi

Is there a website ?

UK
Level Contributor
494 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Le Home Apartments, Calvi

Just to add my two penn'orth...

We stayed at A Merula this May and were happy with our choice of accommodation. We didn't have a lot to do with the owners but they seemed fine. The cleaning ladies on the other hand were very very keen to get in an hour before scheduled departure time. We were only finishing off leaving it spick and span but when they came back for a third time to ask if we were ready to go yet it was very tempting to just leave at the point we'd got to.

We had various bad experiences of rudeness and poor customer service in Corsica, more than in any country we've visited, to the point where, although we loved the scenery, we would probably not return because of the attitude towards tourists.

R

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
421 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Le Home Apartments, Calvi

Try www a-merula.com that should take you there.

Alf