We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Cyrnea-Calvi

Harpenden, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Cyrnea-Calvi

We are thinking of staying at Hotel Cyrnea but ;-

1) It looks a little way out of town - is it walkable please ?

2)It looks a little basic - has anyone stayed there recently please ?

Thanks

w62
London
Level Contributor
822 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Cyrnea-Calvi

You were spot on - both points.

1. It is a fair way out of town and a bit of a trek along a dark busy road at the end of the evening.

2. It was basic when I repped it in 1988 and even more 'tired' when I stayed there in 1991. So unless it's had a makeover it probably still is.

I would recommend the Apts A Merula which are closer to town and very good value.

Harpenden, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Cyrnea-Calvi

Thanks for your response which has confirmed my thoughts.I had also lined up the The Apts A Merula but it appears they are full.It looks like we are going to go for Le Home Apartments which are owned by the same people and are next door so the location would appear to be better than Hotel Cyrnea.I am told that from Le Home Apartments we can either walk along the beach into town or at night it is a 15 mins walk along the road/street which seems ok.Also it has a nice pool area/gardens.

Thanks for your help- I appreciate it.

w62
London
Level Contributor
822 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Cyrnea-Calvi

Le Home are in the same spot as A Merula and looked just as nice. There are 2 pools and you can use either. Also in a great location - easy walking distance from the port (quicker to walk along the beach or if you are feeling brave along the train track - don't worry it's not dangerous as you will see). But there are quite a few restaurants nearby too if you fancy a lazy evening.

Have a great holiday!

Harpenden, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Cyrnea-Calvi

Thanks again - very much appreciated !

Shropshire
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Cyrnea-Calvi

Hi

We stayed at A Merula in 2006. It was excellent. The apartments at Le Home also seemed very good. They are less traditional than A Merula and laid out in 4 blocks. The owners are lovely. When we arrived in the rain early on a Sunday morning, we sat in their living room whilst waiting for the apartments to be ready.

The location is great, only about 5 minutes from the beach and a few shops and restaurants. About 15 mins walk along the road to the town, but a pleasant walk.

I'd certainly recommend it - don't know much about the Cyrenea other than it is a lot further out of town than Le Home.

Harpenden, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Cyrnea-Calvi

Thanks for your information.

We have just booked into Le Home Apts BUT apparently we have been given a separate building called La Petite Maison in the same complex. Do you or anyone out there know if this is OK or not or even better has anyone stayed there previously ? The cost is more than a standard room so in theory it should be better but I have some concerns. Can anyone advise please ? - Thanks

WALES
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Cyrnea-Calvi

Hi, I asked the same question a few months ago when we were looking for a hotel, some we looked at were already full,so were picked up a copy of "the rough guide to Corsica" for a bit of guidance. on the strength of the couple of paragraphs we read on the Cyrnea we went ahead and booked through "holiday options"

The write up in "rough guide" gave a fair report.

"the hotel is about 300mtrs from the beach, and a 20 min walk into town. Good size rooms for the price, all with bathrooms and balconies,(ask for one at the rear} Outstanding value for money even in high season ! So I'm off in August,hopefully my account will be as favourable as rough guides !

Harpenden, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Cyrnea-Calvi

Thanks for the info-much appreciated

9. Re: Hotel Cyrnea-Calvi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 16:16