We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels in Calvi

Which Calvi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new york
1 post
Save Topic
hotels in Calvi

I'm planning to visit Calvi for 3 or 4 days in late September. I've been searching for a pensione or small boutique hotel with some character. But all I have found so far are very expensive hotels without character or tiny nondescript establishments that don't look like much at all. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels in Calvi

Greetings! I am now looking for EXACTLY what you were looking for a year ago...Did you have any luck finding a charming place to stay in or near Calvi? My husband and I are going in Sept 2007. Any advice welcome. Thanks. NW, New York

Nottingham, UK
Level Contributor
550 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels in Calvi

We each have our favourites and mine is the St Erasme which is a small if untrendy hotel that's around 10 minutes walk down to town. Blessed with lovely views of the headlands to the East of the town, a nice swimming pool and breakfasting in a nice garden. Run by nice people too. Hmm. To many 'nice's in this description.

Washington DC...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels in Calvi

I will be in Calvi this month. If I stay at a hotel that is outside of city center--10/15 mins walk--is it safe to walk home alone after a night out? I'll be travelling alone.

Nottingham, UK
Level Contributor
550 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels in Calvi

I don't think there is a problem here. But then I'm a middle-aged bloke so I don't think or see such difficulties. The walk to the St Erasme is along a main road, not busy, but not back-streets darkness.

w62
London
Level Contributor
797 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels in Calvi

It's not a hotel but I can recommend the A Merula Apts which are only a five minute walk into the town.

6. Re: hotels in Calvi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 23:16
Get answers to your questions about Calvi