We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Porto Vecchio?

Which Porto-Vecchio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
How to get to Porto Vecchio?

Hi,

We are a family of 5 travelling to Corsica in July. I have already booked a vacation home for a week in Porto Vecchio. Before that we plan to stay in Nice for a couple of days. What is the best way to get from Nice to Porto Vecchio? I know there are ferries, but what port do we get to?

Thanks for your help.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,263 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Porto Vecchio?

Fly from Nice. Most car rental companies won't let you take their cars on ferries. There are four airports on Corsica. Figari airport is closest to Porto Vecchio. Pick up your rental car there. You NEED a car on Corsica....public transport is dismal.

London, United...
Level Contributor
347 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Porto Vecchio?

There is no direct ferry connection between Nice and Porto Vecchio, so your options would be Marseille to Porto Vecchio or Nice to Bastia (both Nice to Marseille and Bastia to Porto Vecchio are about 2h drive so no real favourite here). The cheapest option will definitely be to cross with the ferry by foot from Nice and to rent a car in Bastia at your arrival.

Enjoy your south Corsican holidays

VillaFanny

Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Porto Vecchio?

Thanks for your advice. I was trying to find ferries and looks like they are basically overnight trips. Any recommendation on which ferry company to choose?

London, United...
Level Contributor
347 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Porto Vecchio?

Take the cheapest option, this is a commodity anyway - night trip is much better in my view (no time wasted) and if you are looking at arriving in Porto Vecchio (very nice coastal trip up from Bonifacio in particular) there is only one option with SNCM.

Enjoy Corsica

VillaFanny

5. Re: How to get to Porto Vecchio?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Porto-Vecchio
Recent Conversations