We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 day itinerary

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
35 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
5 day itinerary

Will be travelling to Corsica in May 2014. We will be arriving on the car ferry from Sardinia.

Is it possible to choose one base for the whole stay? Would like a place near a small village with ocean views and a pool. Like old villages, food and markets.

Any suggestions for an itinerary and a base. We can stay at two different places if that offers more scope. Merci beau coup TA readers.

London, United...
Level Contributor
347 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 day itinerary

Hello Skippy - no real need to cover the entire island within your 5 day trip I guess (unless you are aiming for the guiness book), so I would say that you best option is to stick to the southern part of the island (as you will be arriving in Bonifacio I presume). In Corsica small, old villages will be in the mountains and most of them will be very (very! quiet in May (not a single store open) and obviously no pool...but reading between the lines, it seems to me that "Sartene" will be ticking most of the boxes...small village with great views and (relatively) easy access to most of the southern part of the island

Enjoy Corsica!

VillaFanny-PortoVecchio

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,756 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 day itinerary

Sartene would certainly do the trick. It should have some activity in May. You may want to have a look at the Auberge u Sirenu...but I doubt that the pool would be open in May. You wouldn't want to go in it anyway!

http://www.usirenu.com/

The restaurant is excellent.

3. Re: 5 day itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Porto-Vecchio
Recent Conversations