We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buying train tickets

Aarhus Denmark
Level Contributor
93 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
buying train tickets

We will be taking the train from agen to CDG in october. My question is....how far in advance do I need to buy these train tickets.

I appreciate all the help I get here at TA!

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,795 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buying train tickets

Reservations, which are compulsory, are normally available 90 days in advance. For the cheapest fares book as soon as the window opens. However the very cheapest tickets are non exchangeable and non refundable, so only book if your plans are 100% certain - or do what some of my friends do and book two or even three tickets for different days or times, which can often be less expensive that one ticket at the last moment. Just forget the two you don't use! You will need to do the mathematics.

Aarhus Denmark
Level Contributor
93 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: buying train tickets

Thanks for the fast reply, our plans will be certain as we will be flying to,the states on Monday!

Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
7,057 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: buying train tickets

Book 3 months before (not 90 days) on www.capitainetrain.com

Edited: 03 August 2014, 19:17
Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: buying train tickets

You've posted several times about this trip and been given good advice already. There are no direct trains from Agen to CDG, so what route are you actually taking?

The cheapest tickets are available 3 months (not 90 days, as months have varying numbers of days in them) from your date of travel).

Aarhus Denmark
Level Contributor
93 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: buying train tickets

I apologize for the many postings.

We (my sister and husband actually) have decided on the train from agen to Montpelier, changing there heading to CDG.

Because of the very good advice, I have now booked these tickets for them.

Thanks to everyone who,helped me with my questions ;-)

6. Re: buying train tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2015, 22:15