We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris to Nevers

New York City, New...
1 post
Paris to Nevers

We will be in Paris from April 20 to 24, and would like to a one day trip to St. Gildard Convent in Nevers. What is the train schedule and how far is it from the train station.

13 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
99,099 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Paris to Nevers

Trains leave from Gare Bercy in Paris and take about 2 to 2.5 hours for the trip. Book as soon as possible for the best prices. Tickets go on sale 3 months before travel, and the cheapest seats can sell out quickly.

You can get train times and costs, and make bookings, in English at www.tgv-europe.com/en but use Australia or Great Britain as the "Ticket collection country" on the first screen. If you use USA, you get another site that has much higher prices and does not list all the trains.

If you can get the cheapest tickets, known as PREMs, you can print them on your computer, and e-tickets are being introduced for some other journeys. For other tickets, say you want to collect in France. You can collect from a staffed ticket office at a station or from an SNCF boutique shop. If you have a "chip-and-PIN" card, you can also collect from a ticket machine. To collect, you must have the *exact* same card used for the booking.

Level Contributor
10 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: Paris to Nevers

I read somewhere that you take the train at Gare de Lyon in Paris for Nevers?

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Paris to Nevers

Wherever you read that it was incorrect information. Direct trains leave from Bercy. It is possible that there could be a train from Gare de Lyon to somewhere in France where you could get a train to Nevers. Why would that be of interest? The two stations are not much more than 5 minutes apart. .

It wasn't his pretty face (though you can tell from his avatar that he has one... ;-)) that earned Nick his "DE for Train Travel" medal! ;-)

Level Contributor
10 posts
23 reviews
4. Re: Paris to Nevers

Thank you for that info IrishRover. ;-)

Now would you know if there's luggage storage in Nevers train station since we're planning to go to Paray Le Monial for an overnnighter?

Do you have info on how or what train to take to Paray?

Leicester, MA
Level Contributor
26 posts
37 reviews
5. Re: Paris to Nevers

To Irish Rovr: Wow, are you ever correct about what happens if you put in USA as the "Ticket collection country" the results are quite different. Far fewer choices of trains was shown as compared to when I put in GB as the country. But, another big difference was that it simply would not let me put in Gare Bercy as the Paris station to leave from. Finally I just put in 'Paris' for the station and then the site happily came up with a choice of two times to leave Paris for Nevers but both of those trains were from Paris Lyon! The shorter time was 1:54 hours which would seem to indicate a direct train. Very strange that the country of collection would make those large changes. I will use GB when I try and get my tickets for late August in a few days.

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Paris to Nevers

All I can say is that it would seem that RailEurope doesn't know the difference between Bercy and Lyon. Incidentally when using www.tgv-europe.com just use "Paris" as your origin or destination. The booking engine will then default to the correct station if there is only one or show you the alternatives if there are routings possible from more than one station. RailEurope will often not have the complete timetable and rarely has the lowest fares. The official SNCF sites can be as much as 60% less expensive, occasionally even more.

iSorry your follow-up post got lost in the shuffle, ctdei. This information will be too late for you but might benefit others. No, there is no luggage storage in Nevers. Trains to P-le-M take about 90 minutes. Some trains are direct, others require a change en route.

7. Re: Paris to Nevers

hi i am sobers from India. planning to visit paris in the month of May / June. i am planning to visit nevers and turin and take a train to the said destinations. can anyone help me pls. i will be with my wife and 13 year old son

united states
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
8. Re: Paris to Nevers

We will be heading to Paris May 21, and hoping to visit Nevers on May 25. Can you let me know if you were able to visit and train schedule, etc.? Thx!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,416 posts
9. Re: Paris to Nevers

Hi, you can check the available trains and safely book through Trainline.eu https://www.trainline.eu or go to the SNCF site (they are the train operators) either way the price is the same. You can plan and buy the return to Paris on the same day as well.

Just put Paris in the departure station- it will come up with Bercy as the actual station later. The direct trains to Nevers take 2 1/2 hours, there are others with a change of train taking up to another hour. Select the ones that best suit you re timing. 2nd class is about €35 to Nevers for May 25th at present.

Los Angeles...
2 posts
10. Re: Paris to Nevers

We are driving from Paris to the Nevers region.

Have plan to make stops at Rambouillet, Orleans, and Issoudun ending in Bourge

For the drive back would like to do another route starting in St. Parize.

Any suggestions on other stops?

Reply to: Paris to Nevers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nevers
More Nevers Topics