We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Cheval Noir

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
393 posts
674 reviews
Save Topic
Le Cheval Noir

We have booked in for one night at Le Cheval Noir, Argenton Sur Creuse. Has anyone else stayed there?

new york
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Cheval Noir

This is actually the first posting I have ever seen about my little town! I have stayed at the Cheval Noir several times. The manoir de Boisvillers has a prettier view, and beautiful rooms, but is more expensive. It will all depend on how long you stay in the rooms, I suppose. But the Cheval Noir has the absolutely best food in town (not the breakfast though...don't waste your money)! I drove around France for years and I fell in love with Argenton, bought a house there a few years ago. It's just at the bottom of the Loire (flat, farmland) and the beginning of the hills. It is now prepared for the English speaking world a little better too. Nobody spoke a word of it when I was there years ago. If you are just passing through, or have some time to stay in the area, there is an absolutely perfect b&b about 20 minutes drive, near another very old town. It is run by Martin and Judy Jones and their phone is 0033 (0)2 54 24 85 57 or e-mail at hujude@wanadoo.fr. The have become friends of mine since I stayed there when house shopping. It is worth the trip to their town and b&b. They have an incredible view. If you do speak with them, tell them Sam from NY sent you. Any other questions about the area would be my pleasure to answer.

Sam

Argenton-sur-Creuse...
Level Contributor
84 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Cheval Noir

I think La Source in Argenton has much better food than Le Cheval Noir which caters more for tourists.

People always miss out this part of France which is a shame as it has a lot to offer.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
393 posts
674 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Cheval Noir

I can thoroughly recommend Le Cheval Noir. Food was excellent and room was fine..

new york
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Le Cheval Noir

I am glad you enjoyed Argenton/Cheval Noir. It definately is an area of France people often pass through but don't stop to appreciate!

Although since I have been there, the English are buying up like crazy! There are even historical markers in English for the tourist trade now, while years ago, no one spoke English at all. I actually don't know the Source unless it is the small one to the left of Cafe de la Place.......

5. Re: Le Cheval Noir

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 16:17
Get answers to your questions about Chateauroux
Recent Conversations
More Chateauroux Topics