We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson al fresco Paris - Help Urgently!!

Which Compiegne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson al fresco Paris - Help Urgently!!

My sister is currently here and says it is dire, not as advertised, very basic, dirty and no facilities open and in a very noisy location next to motorway, obviously I am not thee this is just what she has told me. Can anyone recommend anywhere nearby suitable for them and their 6 month baby that they can go to that is better?

Antarctica
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,244 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson al fresco Paris - Help Urgently!!

Which campsite?

The campsite La Croix du Vieux Pont in Compiegne is not in a noisy location and is not basic. I've never found it dirty and I've stayed there on a number of occasions.

If its this campsite - Paris Est - its only 7 miles from the centre of Paris. http://www.thomsonalfresco.co.uk/parisest

Antarctica
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,244 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson al fresco Paris - Help Urgently!!

I've just seen on one of your other threads that its Paris Est.

Has she made a complaint to Thompsons? That should be her first port of call. They may be able to do something for her.

3. Re: Thomson al fresco Paris - Help Urgently!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 21 December 2015, 23:12
Edited: 21 December 2015, 23:12
Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson al fresco Paris - Help Urgently!!

This was her text...

been to the supposidly onsite facilities.... They all shut, and according to reception don't open till end of month, by look of building site they won't be open.then either! So much for the for the advertised tv room, on site shop, restaurant, bar, etc

Yes it is the paris est park.

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson al fresco Paris - Help Urgently!!

This was her text...

been to the supposidly onsite facilities.... They all shut, and according to reception don't open till end of month, by look of building site they won't be open.then either! So much for the for the advertised tv room, on site shop, restaurant, bar, etc

Yes it is the paris est park.

Antarctica
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,244 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomson al fresco Paris - Help Urgently!!

She or you should contact Thompson directly.

And as Diz has said, take photos.

Unless your sister does this in the first instance, she will not have any comeback.

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomson al fresco Paris - Help Urgently!!

Thanks, she is going to take photos now. Sounds very, very basic. They are going to have an early night. Had to sympathise with her text just now:

Tomorrows adventure is how to cook toast in a frying pan as no grill or toaster!... you got to laugh??

You'd have thought that a toaster was a basic item, really!

8. Re: Thomson al fresco Paris - Help Urgently!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 21 December 2015, 23:11
Antarctica
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,244 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomson al fresco Paris - Help Urgently!!

I've never had a toaster in a mobile home. And we've stayed in lots of them.

Is this your sister's first time staying in a mobile home?

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomson al fresco Paris - Help Urgently!!

I've never had a toaster either, that's what the grill is for :)

You cannot be talking about La Croix

You mean this site

http://www.thomsonalfresco.co.uk/parisest

This site is just 18 miles from DLP and just 7 from Paris, so yes, pretty near some busy roads would have been a solid but excellent guess as to where the park is situated

As for the state of the van your sister is in, I suggest she goes directly to the reps as already suggested.

As for on site facilities? Can;t see anything that says they are closed but given this is school holidays I am surprised at that

Nearest park to your sister from there would probably be Le Chene Gris

http://www.lechenegris.co.uk/

But again, that is near DLP and Paris

Edited: 21 February 2013, 16:16