We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from hotel to sightseeing

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
200 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
from hotel to sightseeing

travel agent booked this hotel as part of a package. will be there next month. the reviews are not very good, but it will be my first trip to paris (and my long time dream!!). is it easy to get to places to sightsee from the hotel.

any recommendations? thanks all.

Bradford, Yorkshire
Level Contributor
575 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from hotel to sightseeing

Ivry is about 5 miles from the centre, depends just where your hotel is. There are a number of metro stations so 15 min max walk (could be much less) will get you transport to any of the sights. Depends how long you are there and how often you use the metro as to wether a carnet of tickets works out cheaper, and the zone (max distance you want to travel) will determine the price.

If you are not in the centre then a nearby metro station is the next best option. Whereever you are based you will have to travel to get around all the sights.

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
200 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: from hotel to sightseeing

thanks. i think we are staying at the mercure paris ivry.

Edited: 13 March 2010, 00:46
Port Orange, Florida
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: from hotel to sightseeing

We are also booked to stay at the Mercure in May and have just found out that none of the tour companies will pick us up from there and we must find our own transportation into Paris to get the tour. So, if you get any information about how to get tours from this location, please let us know.

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
200 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: from hotel to sightseeing

Are you on the NCL Sun Transatlantic? I think we are traveling together. If so, we an possibly share a cab into the center of London. Luckily, it's an English speaking country so we can get information.

Port Orange, Florida
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: from hotel to sightseeing

No, sorry, we are on the Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Sea which leaves Miami on May 6th and we are scheduled to disembark in Brussels (not going on to London) and go straight to Paris at the Mercure from May 18 to May 22nd. We have had some problems trying to get tour companies to pick us up at the hotel as they say it is not in Paris and we must transport ourselves into Paris to be part of the tour. There are seven of us traveling together. What dates are you at the Mercure? It sounded like you folks live in FL. We live outside of Daytona.

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
200 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: from hotel to sightseeing

dummy me! i was thinking of the hotel we are staying at in london.

we will be in paris on may 13-16th, staying at the mercure.

yes, we are from florida, delray beach. it's nice that you're traveling with others. we are on our own, but there will most likely be others on the ship, booked thru the same travel agency, going on to paris with us.

enjoy, and if i hear anything, i'll e mail you. please do the same back.

ricki

7. Re: from hotel to sightseeing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Ivry-sur-Seine