We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beziers Airport - petrol on Sundays?

Devon
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Beziers Airport - petrol on Sundays?

Does anyone know of a petrol station open on Sundays after 12 noon near Beziers Cap D'Agde Airport please ?

Also a supermarket/shop (just need some milk!) between Beziers aiport / Sigean also open on Sunday afternoons

Many thanks.

Cathedrale Saint-Nazaire de Beziers
Architectural Buildings, Sacred & Religious Sites, Historic Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Churches & Cathedrals
The nine Locks of Fonseranes
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,713 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beziers Airport - petrol on Sundays?

The only staffed stations and/or convenience stores open on a Sunday afternoon would be those part of the A9 autoroute.

Saint-Nazaire-de-Lad...
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Beziers Airport - petrol on Sundays?

Carrefour in the big roundabout just when you enter Beziers is sunday open.

Gas station I really dont know, I think only A9.

Magnus

www.chezamis.fr

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
28,566 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beziers Airport - petrol on Sundays?

Gas station would be Narbonne-Vinassan on the A9, approximately 10 km before the Narbonne Est exit.

Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
6,504 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beziers Airport - petrol on Sundays?

A UK credit card should work at any filling station with 24/7 facilities i.e. most of them.

Most card machines (they are separate to the actual pumps) ask you to put your card in the slot in which case the rest of the instructions will come up in English. Basically, you enter the number of the pump you want to use (i.e. that your car is sitting by), sometimes the type of fuel you want to use (from a list), then your PIN, then it says OK to use pump. If you want a receipt, I don't bother, you put your card back in the slot after filling up and follow any instructions.

Most supermarkets have 24/7 filling station lines and the fuel there is cheaper than elsewhere, especially on autoroutes which are typically 10-15% more expensive, even when operated by Leclerc.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,795 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beziers Airport - petrol on Sundays?

Carrefour Market at Villeneuve les Beziers is, according to their website, open all day Sundays, which is almost unheard of in France. It has a 24/24 petrol station.

carrefour.fr/magasin/market-villeneuve-les-b…

But the location looks wrong to me. I am sure it is in the retail park area a bit to the east.

ZAE Pole Méditerranée

34420 VILLENEUVE LES BEZIERS

Devon
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beziers Airport - petrol on Sundays?

Thank you all for the replies - I think that has got us sorted .. I am most grateful.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beziers Airport - petrol on Sundays?

We're just back from Béziers. We got petrol from a 24 hour automated petrol station in the Cers Intermarche supermarket, just off the D612 on the way to the airport (from Béziers). For some reason it's not on Google maps at the moment, but does appear as a petrol station on the ViaMichelin site. There's a fly over across the D612, so it's easy to pop across to the petrol station, then pop back over to rejoin the road. It's about 6.5km from there to the airport:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/43.3194219,3.3025897/B%C3%A9ziers+Cap+d'Agde+Airport,+RD612,+34420+Portiragnes,+France/@43.3176124,3.3088902,15z/data=!4m9!4m8!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x12b116d93ec89361:0x911602f20b5f5716!2m2!1d3.353214!2d43.320658!3e0

The pump took our Halifax MasterCard credit card without complaint. Only worrying aspect was that you need to put your card in, and enter your PIN, before filling up, and while the pump is still displaying what the previous user purchased - so it looks like you're about to pay for the last user's fuel. Once card was authorised though, the pump display reset, and we were only charged for the fuel we used.

Edited: 25 August 2014, 12:51
Devon
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beziers Airport - petrol on Sundays?

Thank you mmm-biscuit, have made a note of your directions, and yes I think I'd be a bit worried about the pump display - glad to hear it works OK.

9. Re: Beziers Airport - petrol on Sundays?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2015, 07:16