We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

les mediterranees camp site

Which Cap-d'Agde hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
les mediterranees camp site

Any comments on this site, or any other, would be welcome. We are trying to booking a tent pitch for Aug and like to be next to, or near a nice sandy beach on a good site. We prefer a quieter pitch on the site, not too small and don't want shade! We went to and really enjoyed La Brasilia but feel we ought to explore somewhere else

Also, has anyone any suggestions on a route to the S of Fr, avoiding Paris. We are considering the hull- Zeebrugge ferry (from sheffield area) to reduce travel time. otherwise, any suggestions please inc.stop overs (france is bigger than it looks!!). We are 2 adults with no family. Thanks.

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
70 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: les mediterranees camp site

I stayed in Les Mediterranees last June and had a very good holiday. We booked through Keycamps and stayed in one of their mobile homes. The site is divided into two halves and separated by a quiet road. Both sides have good pool areas and one side backs onto the beach at Marseillen Plage. It is a good beach but families tended to stop right outside the campsite but it’s a lot more pleasant a little further away. The campsite has very good facilities and the showers/wash etc looked very clean.

There is one draw back to this campsite is that the pitches are very close together, even in a mobile home we could hear conversation of our neighbours. Also it is very large and other people told us to stay away in the children’s holiday period. There is a small strip of bars and restaurants at the entrance of the campsite and a few fairly expensive supermarkets in the village. The small town of Marseillan Plage is very tacky compared to the actual village of Marseillan which is about 3km away by car, that is a stunning town alongside the etang, with some much better (and cheaper) restaurants. In fact the surrounding area is very good and Agde and Sete are easy driving. You could in theory also walk up to Cap D’Agde along the beach in about 15-20 minutes from the campsite.

One small thing to be aware of is that the beach between the campsite and Cap D’Agde is a fairly “infamous” stretch and during the summer months, and you may want to do a little research on the internet if you are not that liberal minded. Having said all that we had a great and very relaxing holiday there.

Cap d'Agde , South...
Level Contributor
345 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: les mediterranees camp site

With regard to Bristol_UK’s final paragraph. The so-called `infamous` stretch of beach to the west, only leads to the Village Naturiste. It would be a circuitous and fair step to reach le Cap d’Agde via that route.

Mp

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
70 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: les mediterranees camp site

It was not the Naturst Beach I was refering to as "infamous".

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
70 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: les mediterranees camp site

Actually, just wanted to say that Les Mediterranees is pretty much a 'family friendly' place. It's about a 20 minute walk up to the swingers beach, which is what I was eluding to. Even thought that exists there, it won't have any impact on your holiday unless you decided to walk up there and join in.

As I said in my reply it is a great and very clean beach and caters for all tastes. I'm sure you have read other posting on this forum and can work out for yourselves why Cap D'agde attracts many people from all over the world.

Huntingdon, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: les mediterranees camp site

We have booked 7 days here for the end of May. The reviews we have read on the internet have been a mixed bunch but I guess the only way to find out is to go there ourselves! :)

So hopefully everything will be fine!

Anyway, any good farmers markets, sea food markets in this area?

Regards

Mailman

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
70 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: les mediterranees camp site

Languedoc is more famous for wine and muscles, but there is a good Market in Marseillen itself. Marseillen Plage itself is not the greatest place for Restaurants but there are some good ones in Marsiellen, Sete etc (I would think you should try to get some local advice on here). Having said that, we found the local vegetables stalls etc much better quality than in the UK, also a lot more expensive.

We've booked again to go back in June for a few weeks, but it's either a Park you'll love or hate. However, it is good to be so near the beach and easy driving to nice towns and villages. We have friends in Marseillen which keep us going back. I think the only problem on site is that it's just quite big and busy in main season, I am sure when you are going will be nice and peaceful (as it was last year). Just one thing to expect is that your view out of bedrooms may be directly into your neighbors due to the way the site is set out in some of the areas.

I hope that you enjoy your holiday.

USA
Level Contributor
381 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: les mediterranees camp site

'Languedoc is more famous for wine and muscles'

We will be there in a couple of months and are looking forward to sample the regional wine and mussels. But we won't turn down nice muscles, either!

8. Re: les mediterranees camp site

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2010, 05:15