We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to cap d'agde in May

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Coming to cap d'agde in May

I have from May 17th to May 22nd to spend in cap d'agde. I will be coming from Split Croatia. I am a single guy (37 yrs old) coming to cap d'agde for the first time. I am excited for the experience.

Questions I have are:

1-What's the fastest way to get from Split to cap d'agde? Apparently, there is no flight from Split to Béziers Cap d'Agde Airport. So, what are the alternative routes to get there?

2-Are four days enough to be in cap d'agde to experience all (relatively speaking) that cap d'agde offers?

3-Is it very unusual to travel to cap d'agde as a single guy? Would I stand out if I mind my own business and enjoy the beach on my own? Obviously, I understand how to behave around nude people, or will do my best not to draw attention.

4-Which hotel should I stay in that is close to action (nice beach and great night life) or close to naturist village.

6-Will the weather be warm enough for people to hang out nude around May 17th-22?

7-Finally, how much US dollars would I need to budget for the stay (hotel, food, drinks, entrance fees to the clubs, and small gift shopping)?

Any feedback/advice you could provide (or any answer to the questions above) will be greatly appreciated. I am excited and anxious in the same time:)

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming to cap d'agde in May

1-What's the fastest way to get from Split to cap d'agde?

Fly with Vueling to Barcelona, take a train from Barcelona to Beziers.

www.vueling.com

Train timetable www.sncf.com

Cap d'Agde , South...
Level Contributor
345 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming to cap d'agde in May

In respect of the Village Naturiste:

2. No.

3. No.

4. Hotel Eve, request a room facing the pool.

5. ???

6. Maybe.

7. No idea. Food and drink need not be expensive. Clubs are expensive and the best ones may not admit lone men.

Mp

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Coming to cap d'agde in May

Pvoyageuse: Thank you. The links were very useful. The only challenge was that I could not understand the language. How long does the train take to get you to cape from Barcelona? Are there similar websites in English?

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Coming to cap d'agde in May

Mp: Thanks. Your answers were great. Don't know what I was asking for 5. I am still struggling to get more answers for question 1. If the best clubs don't admit lone men, I'd settle with bars. Is there a famous bar that has a good mix of both men and women? A friend recommended that I go to Ibiza Spain instead of Cape. How are the two compared? I know the general answers; I am only interested in more individual views...and if you don't have any views, I understand that too.

Mp

Cap d'Agde , South...
Level Contributor
345 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coming to cap d'agde in May

After dark, the bars you should try are: Johnny Wokkers, because it is English-speaking, and Café Melrose, often just called Melrose.

Mp

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coming to cap d'agde in May

If you click on "FR" (top right of the page where it says SNCF radio) you can chose "English" instead of "French.

The journey takes 2.15 to 2.40 hours depending on trains. Of course you have to go from the airport terminal to Sants station in the center of Barcelona.

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Coming to cap d'agde in May

Great. I am grateful for the information.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
21 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coming to cap d'agde in May

Great night life in Cap? Perhaps, If you are 60+, ugly, depraved and desperate. I wouldn't waste my time if I were you. The place is ugly, boring and overpriced. The people are the weirdest bunch you will ever encounter and I doubt you will want to party with them. This place is being falsely advertised as a naturist town. Everything there is geared towards old swinger couples and their orbiters.

Just go to Barcelona. Great night life, nude beach in the city and warmer weather.

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Coming to cap d'agde in May

Left_at_Albuquerque, thanks. I already booked my hotel, and will going there for 5 days and four nights. I will be catching a train from Barcelona (which I think is a little over two hours ride), and then get to Cap. I have read mixed reviews, but mostly positive. I was really contemplating between Cap and Barcelona, but Cap stood unique in my view. Some other reviewers said that it was worth visiting once in life :). Imagine being in a place where everyone is naked :) that in itself make me very curious. So, thanks again for the information and advice. Your comments helped lower my expectations a bit (which is always a good thing to do) LOL. I must tell you the hotels are really overpriced, and the whole cost for four nights turned out to be much higher than I thought. I also don't know how much would I end up spending on dinners and drinks...Will give my after action when I done with my European tour. Thanks again.

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Coming to cap d'agde in May

I have some clues since someone on this forum responded to this, but wanted to get some more views:

Is there a particular club or bar that you would recommend to a lone man? I heard there are a lot gay guys there, and I am trying to avoid those places. I am looking for a club with mixed crowd, but mostly ladies. If any thoughts?