We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel from carcasonne to rodez

galicia
Level Contributor
125 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
travel from carcasonne to rodez

I understand travelling by public transport is tough - how can we travel from carcasonne to rodez on a weekday in april easter hols?

any advice appreciated.

L'Enigme
Room Escape Games
Cathedrale Notre Dame de Rodez
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Churches & Cathedrals
Musee Fenaille
Speciality Museums
Musee Soulages
Speciality Museums
3 replies to this topic
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
23,689 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel from carcasonne to rodez

My advice would be to keep your expectations reasonable, neither of these locations are very large and there will not be a huge market for traveling between them. The train/bus will take anywhere from just over 3 hours to 6½ hours depending upon when you travel.

For more information:

www.voyages-sncf.com (in French only)

www.tgv-europe.com

galicia
Level Contributor
125 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel from carcasonne to rodez

thanks.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
53,499 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel from carcasonne to rodez

Yes there is a straightfoward looking route via Toulouse but you will find that the trains on the two different lines often don't connect with each other.

You should check on the websites mentioned by Sarastro for the exact date you wish to travel (French rail timetables are really complicated!) but the base timetables I have suggest these as possibilities - they don't line up below but there are five options I think

Carcasonnne leave 0819 1023 1315 1607 1723

Rodez arrive 1235 1351 1628 1936 2130

Changing trains in Toulouse in all cases, the first train requires over an hours wait, the last 48 minutes but the other connections are 10 - 15 minutes only.

Apart from the 0819 the trains from Carcassonne require seat reservation, those from Toulouse to Rodez are regional trains for which you cannot reserve.

Edited: 22 February 2011, 18:23
Reply to: travel from carcasonne to rodez
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rodez