We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arras Main Square Festival

East Anglia
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Arras Main Square Festival

Hi

Has anyone been to this festival, if so please can you give some advise.

I 'm looking at getting a day ticket (When do they go on sale?)

So would be staying in a hotel nearby(Any recommendations?) is the festival in walking distance from nearby hotels?

Also what would be the best way to get there from London?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Essex
Level Contributor
27,662 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arras Main Square Festival

Have not heard of this before, but Arras is one of my favourite places in France.

I have found a website for the Festival (guess you have too):

http://www.mainsquarefestival.fr/

The information on that is a little bit patchy at the moment.

The Festival is not in fact in the centre of Arras, but is in the Courtyard of the Citadel, a little bit outside of the town. There is camping on site.

Not sure about the Hotels, but would hazard a guess that sine most of them are down in the town, they are not necessarily going to be in walking distance. If the organizers of the event have any sense though, suspect they will lay on shuttles.

Getting to Arras from London I would look at Train routes (Eurostar to Paris, then Train out to Arras?) I don't know if you can get trains to Arras from Lille but that could be another option (it is certainly heading in the right direction!).

Otherwise, I would take your car, go by Ferry from Dover and Drive. It is an easy Autoroute drive from Calais to Arras and only takes a couple of hours.

Here is the tourism website for Arras, so you can look at the accommodation options:

http://www.ot-arras.fr/

This 'unofficial' website also might help:

http://arras-france.com/

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,977 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Arras Main Square Festival

You can get a train from Lille to Arras, so it would be quicker getting off at Lille than going via Paris.

…ter-sncf.com/Images/Nord_Pas_De_Calais/Trid…

East Anglia
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arras Main Square Festival

Thanks for your help, i think i may look into this further. Your information regarding trains is very helpful as i doubt i will drive. Knowing that the festival isn't really in walking distance is also a great help. Camping could well be an option, although only really wanted to go for 1 of the 3 days.

Thanks again

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
8 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arras Main Square Festival

I just responded to your direct message - sorry for the delay. We walked easily from the Holiday Inn. Let me know if you have additional questions.

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Arras Main Square Festival

How to get train from Paris to Arras and back. Thank you

Monterrey, Mexico
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arras Main Square Festival

I am staying in Paris but I want to go to the Main Square Festival just to see Green Day, and they stop playing at 00:30 or so, I guess there would be no problem in calling the hotel and telling them we're gonna be a little late, but is there ANY way I can return to Paris without staying for the night. I read there are some special trains, but I would like an actual answer since I leave in less than a week!

7. Re: Arras Main Square Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Arras